Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager directs associate activity to provide efficient, high quality customer service and achieve retail sales targets. The Assistant Manager trains and motivates staff, while assisting in all areas of store operations and supervision.
- Performs supervisory and administrative duties
- Responsible for opening and closing store procedures
- Delivers exceptional customer service through personal contact with customers
- Responsible for performing GM duties in their absence to include administering job performance documentation to associates
- Assists in supervising, training, developing and coaching all associates
- Assists in staff scheduling
- Reviews all corporate communications and reacts accordingly
- Partners with supervisors or corporate office regarding store issues
- Responsible for ensuring all staffing needs are met including recruiting and interviewing
- Drives store sales and controls expenses
- Uses financial reporting to drive business opportunities
- Assists payroll process and ensures budget is in line with plan
- Responsible for maintaining assigned zone
- Sets and maintains MPP, plan-o-grams and other merchandise directives
- Receives freight per company policy
- Ensures the execution of company data integrity process
- Adheres to and holds associates accountable to all standard operating procedures, policies and Best Methods
- Responsible for cash handling procedures including, but not limited to, preparing and dropping bank deposits
- Authorizes register functions including post voids, returns and discounts
- Complies with corporate Loss Prevention and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Executes corporate Marketing initiatives such as final mile marketing, fundraising and business to business programs
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by General Manager, as dictated by store needs.
- Lift, push, and pull 50 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
- Standing throughout entire shift
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 3300_8095
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.