GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Guest Services Senior Living is hiring a Licensed Vocational Nurse to join us Full-Time at Vista Gardens Retirement Community!
Under the direction of the Resident Services Director, this position will provide daily ADL's, assist with vital signs, weights, feedings, activities, companionship and one on one caregiving. Oversees staff to ensure resident care, monitoring and appropriate interaction. Provides constant assessment of residents to assure safety within the environment. Also, assist with residents needs including keeping rooms clean & organized.
- Make daily rounds with outgoing and incoming nurses.
- Ensure Med Techs and Caregivers are completing daily rounds with outgoing and incoming staff.
- Medication administration and accuracy of medication administration record (MAR).
- Ensures proper check-in, storage and destruction of all medications, including narcotics.
- Provide scheduled and sporadic med-cart audits.
- Ensures daily input of physician orders in the electronic medical records and corresponding changes to medication administration records when received, including the completion of T.O's within 5 days of receipt.
- Ongoing monitoring of residents' health status including wound treatment/first aid and documentation of both.
- Supervises care providers in their efforts to provide resident care and ensures employee adherence to state/ facility/company policies.
- Physician notification of changes of resident condition and/or clarification of orders.
- Notifies Administrator when warranted, related to occurrences/incident's.
- Supports/teaches/ assists/leads the Resident Care staff.
- Assumes managerial duty and assists the Staff Development Manager when Resident Services Director is unavailable.
- Communicates any changes involving the resident to all parties necessary.
- Interacts with families to assure their loved ones' needs are being met.
- Ensure an appropriate activity program is being followed.
- Interacts with residents and Caregivers to enable residents to maintain their highest level of functioning, physically and socially.
- Update resident assessments and service plans with Resident Services Director.
- Maintain resident records to include completion of mandatory forms, accuracy of medication administration record physician orders and responsible parties, etc.
- Reports any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment, or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
- Reports any needed repairs of community-owned property to the Director of Maintenance.
- Intervenes in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and reports immediately to the Resident Services Director.
- Promptly answers emergency call system, telephone and paging system.
- Participates in all scheduled team member meetings as requested.
- Participates in voluntary and mandatory on-going education and in-service training.
- Applies non-sterile bandages/dressings and applies anti-embolism stockings (TED hose).
- Demonstrates good practice of infection control principles by understanding the infectious process and modes of disease transmission, and by using appropriate hand washing techniques.
- Demonstrates understanding and support of Resident Rights.
- Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency needs of the resident.
- Supports the mental health and social service needs of residents by: observing and reporting mental status and behavior changes.
- Performs and completes assignments within established procedures and guidelines.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Be at least 18 years of age with a current CA LVN License.
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in the field of dementia care is preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in the field of assisted living is preferred.
- One (1) or more year of management experience is preferred.
- Must meet qualifications as required by the Department of Social Services for a RCFE Community.
- Must be able to pass a reading/writing test and understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Possess clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, residents, families, co-workers, medical providers, and the public.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out oral or written instructions.
- Define problems, collect information and other data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete as well as abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Internet search engines, etc.
- Experience with using AL Advantage preferred.
- Requires a thorough working knowledge and understanding of practices, procedures and policies pertaining to Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly.
- Adhere to Company standards.
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills with an ability to plan, prioritize, and execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality and accuracy; ability to interface effectively with co-workers, medical providers, customers and families, and general public; and a demonstrate a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- The job requires travel of approximately 0% - 10%
- To perform the job successfully, the LVN must demonstrate the following competencies: performs multi tasks under pressure, analyzes complex and diverse information; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; listens to others and solves conflicts; speaks clearly and persuasively and demonstrates group presentation skills; effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills; capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information; builds morale and promotes teamwork; adapts to changes in the work environment and implements effective changes to improve results; looks for ways to improve and promote quality and increase productivity; prioritizes and plans work activities; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; and meets productivity and integrity standards of the Company.
- Regular contact with community leaders, social services agencies, physicians and other medical providers and their staff, residents and potential residents and their families, hospice providers, as well as other Company personnel to obtain information, resolve problems, prioritize tasks, and execute responsibilities.
- This position is expected to exercise initiative performing the assigned tasks and delegated responsibilities and to ensure that all established guidelines are met. The employee is expected to solve problems by exercising sound decision-making and accurate judgment based upon knowledge of sound memory care and Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly practices, management policies and procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to see, hear, and use hands, fingers and arms when performing majority of assigned tasks and job duties.
- The job requires employee to have fine motor skills and dexterity.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, climb, grip, reach, push and pull.
- Able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Required to work in an environment consistent with Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
- Standard office equipment.
Guest Services Senior Living, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Licensed Practical Nurse