Delivers quality food service to clients and staff in accordance with Federal, State, Local, and Rushford Center's guidelines.
1. Prepares and serves meals (regular and special diets), under the direction of the Food Service Manager, during all scheduled meal times in a timely manner, to all Rushford program sites in the Meriden, Middletown, and/or Portland campuses.
2. Demonstrates safe food handling practices during the storage, preparation, cooking, and service of all food items. Demonstrates proper sanitation practices for the Dining room and kitchen, including all equipment, utensils, and satellite food services caterware.
3. Opens and closes the kitchen and dining room during the Manager's absence.
4. Prepares and packages food and beverages to the satellite food service programs in a timely manner.
5. Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager - Food Services.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Cooking certificate is preferred.
Requires a minimum of six months- experience in food service.
Must be CPR certified or be certified within 6 months of employment.
First Aid training is required.