To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Denison, IA 51442
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Human Resource Manager
Smithfield Foods • Denison, IA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Manager in the operation of the business unit’s HR Department with the purpose of maintaining an effective and efficient human resource function. Possesses specialized knowledge of HR Systems, processes and procedures. This position is intended to provide training and experience to prepare incumbent to assume other leadership roles (i.e. Human Resources Manager) in same or other business unit of the organization.Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Maintain a positive labor/employee relations environment for the affected business unit. Facilitate workplace investigations or other inquires (under guidance of HR Manager) arising out of needs expressed by employees and/or manifestation of policy or rule infraction(s).
- Assure production employee retention for the business unit is maintained at an acceptable level to achieve business unit success. This also includes data entry into the time/attendance keeping system and management of the job/vacation bid processes.
- Coordinate all staffing functions for exempt and non-exempt employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, orientation, and training.
- Oversee the development and execution of the business unit’s AA plan; focus work to ensure AAP goals are achieved during entire employment process.
- Oversee the handling of employee benefit enrollments, questions, or inquiries.
- May assist Human Resources Manager in providing position and performance guidance based upon human resources policies and procedures including the collective bargaining agreements. Including but not limited to grievance meetings, records entry/management, employee inquiries, community relations activities, temporary staffing services and invoice management.
- Provide direction/leadership to HR clerk or HR Assistant in servicing employee needs and performing the overall Human Resources & employment functions for the business unit, as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Business Management or related field, and 2+ years of Human Resources related experience and/or training.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Posses specialized knowledge of HR systems, processes and procedures.
- Experience in administration of benefits, compensation and other programs; preferred.
- Knowledge of Human Resource systems; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or employees of organization.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- This position may have oversight of the clerical functions of HR.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.