To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer
Arconic • Washington, MO
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manufacturing Engineers support the production processes by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing and production processes. The Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer will design tooling using modeling software to deliver customer specified parts within the processes they are responsible. Manufacturing Engineering supports production by participating in the Process Support Team for their process responsibilities. Process Support Teams are responsible to problem solve and remove obstacles in production. A strong customer focus, interpersonal skills and timely decision-making skills are a must.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of hot forming and super plastic forming processes including specifying equipment and recipes for creating parts that comply with customer requirements.
- Measure and improve process yields.
- Assist in design and justification of new production equipment
- Interface with manufacturing departments to address and resolve technical issues. Integrate actions with the Maintenance Organization.
- Help to ensure that EHS and quality standards for the plant are adhered to and maintained
- Improve legacy presses by incorporating best practices in heating and controls.
- Manage Engineering Control Runs through production.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Disposition of non-conforming orders and creation of rework instructions
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and develop solutions to increase equipment reliability
- Write, update and review operational procedures to document and improve processes
- Design hot forming/super plastic forming dies based upon customer CAD part drawings and models.
- Develop CNC programs from models for customer parts and production tooling.
- Plan, schedule, and prioritize work to meet established deadlines
- Contribute to root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions for hot press or furnace problems
- Plan and develop design of experiments (DOE) for changes in manufacturing process.
- Analyze data to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Create, maintain & update routers, BOMS and technical documents
- Be able to communicate with the customer on technical aspects of Arconic processes
- Be able to understand customer specifications and incorporate those specifications into part, tooling, and process design.
- Produce estimates, technical and manufacturing proposals to support bids.
- Assist with tool design, manufacture, repair and purchase. Produce and update risk assessments FMEA as required.
- Liaise with other unit leaders and other functions as necessary and support customer visits as required.
- Prepare and read system layouts, detailed drawings, and schematics using CATIA.
- Assume other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as required
- Project leader for capital projects
How Success is Defined:
Success in this position will be defined by meeting PST operation metrics, departmental goals, and contribution to the success of the location’s operations. A manufacturing engineer is expected to continually improve processes to improve efficiency and quality, support customer requirements, and collaborate with commercial for new business.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of aerospace industry experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- 1 years of CNC programming experience
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated solid teamwork, interpersonal and planning skills
- 1 years’ experience with working knowledge of manufacturing processes and principles
- 1 years’ experience with 3-D CAD software
- Knowledge of drafting, dimensioning and geometric tolerancing for the development of detail, assembly, and drawings with specific knowledge of ASME Y14.5 is essential.
- Lean Manufacturing Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Aerospace, etc.) from an accredited institution
- Experience in product and process failure analysis and an understanding of world class manufacturing techniques such as lean manufacturing, JIT, SPC, TQM, etc.
- 3 years related experience in supporting mechanical manufacturing operations; specifically, sheet metal fabrication and/or CNC machining. SPF and hot forming of titanium or aluminum is preferred.
- Proficient with CATIA and AutoCAD CAD software packages
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and project management ability
- Working knowledge of heating ovens, (heat treatment and die heating ovens)
- Working knowledge in the use of statistical software (Minitab, SQC Pack, etc.)
- Experience designing, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining presses including PLC control systems and industrial hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Manufacturing in a low volume environment
- Experience facilitating small groups
- Demonstrated leadership experience; military experience a plus, junior military officer (JMO) experience a plus
- 10 to 15 years’ experience working with Hot Forming equipment, Titanium hot forming and superplastic forming preferred. Familiarity with aerospace hot forming specifications, (i.e., Boeing BAC5636 and BAC 5300) preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt