Colonna's Shipyard is looking to hire 1st and 2nd Class Pipefitters to join our Pipe Shop.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
- Performs layout, fabrication, installation, testing and repair pipe systems
- Fits pipe and properly prepares joints for welding to meet the specific requirements of the system on which work is being done.
- Works from blueprints and makes fabrication sketches from which another mechanic could fabricate a unit of pipe
- Lays out and figures off set bend and rolling offset bends
- Make up flanges Proper sequence and material required
- Read blueprints and drawings related to the job
- Set up and operate burning torch
- Fabricated and design pipe hangars
- Test piping systems and air and water
- Conduct actions and work behaviors according to safe shipyard practices
- Tack weld, Silver braze, soft solder and burn
- Install simple systems without blueprints
- Work with all materials and sizes of pipe and tubing
- Lay out all piping systems
- Run pipe bending machines
- Evaluate joint allowance and build the piping systems within the required tolerances
- Construct dimensionally correct mock up for offsite prefabrication.
- Work with all types of pipe joints, welded, screwed, soldered, glued, and all types of materials
- Able to properly use hand tools and power tools associated with the trade
- Train insubordinates and supervise crew and senior mechanic
- Adherence to industry codes, specifications, and regulations
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- Ability to obtain a DBIDS is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in shipboard pipefitting.
- Willing and capable of working on government and commercial vessels
- Able to read blueprints and tack weld
- Ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the Pipefitting trade
- Brazing certs is a plus
- Industrial pipefitting experience is welcomed
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
401K, company match
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Annual performance evaluations
On-site Human Resources
Free and close proximity parking
Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.
- Self Motivation
- Technical Drawings