Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within Stanley Engineered Fastening automotive division, an opening is currently available for Maintenance at our Chesterfield, MI plant.
Basic Purpose and Objective
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures maintains and repairs a variety of production and building equipment, including basic electrical controls and circuits, control panels, piping and building repairs.
Trouble shoot, disassemble and determine extent of repairs necessary. Be able to follow detailed instructions of supervisor and work from written instructions and schematics. Be able to complete scheduled preventative maintenance and work orders by due date.
Must be a self-starter. Keep records of replacement parts and dates of work performed, complete detailed down time reports.
Responsible for researching replacement parts and providing all necessary information to ensure proper parts are ordered.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles machinery and equipment utilizing manual and power tools. In doing so climbs, kneels, stands, sits, or crouches while handling items of various sizes, shapes, and weights.
- Troubleshoots problems from reading electrical and hydraulic schematics; uses electrical testing equipment.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment such as forklift, hydraulic lift, scissor lift and hand cart in order to move equipment to appropriate locations.
- Maintains departmental files of work orders, maintenance requisitions, preventative maintenance histories, and other related records.
- Performs a variety of building, machinery, and equipment repairs, installation, or modification requiring hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing and electrical skills.
- Obtain material and supplies from local distributors, warehouses, or merchants.
- Place orders for repair parts or materials utilizing telephone, computer terminal, or written correspondence.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Technical school certificate, training preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and write in order to follow maintenance requests; understand and follow written and verbal instructions when receiving and processing requisitions, maintain simple records of items repaired, as well as other routine equipment history.
- Approximately three to five years job related experience necessary in order to learn maintenance procedures and equipment operations.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to evaluate machine/equipment functions.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when diagnosing, inspecting and checking accuracy of repairs.
- Ability to become authorized in Lockout/Tag out within probationary period.
- Regular exposure to oil, grease, and fumes from production equipment and extreme temperatures due to areas where repairs are required.
- Regularly exposed to hazardous conditions associated with operation and repair of mechanical equipment, but hazards are limited when established safety procedures are followed.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.