About the Position
The ideal candidate will not only be technically proficient, but also possess a customer service mindset with security as a top priority. This position will require the ability to multitask workloads across different technologies - flexibility and adaptability will be key for success in this role.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Lead, End User Experience & Support will be overseeing and actively supporting users in various locations - including on-premises, remote, and hybrid environments across the GTI Energy Enterprise. You will initially be working on-premises in Des Plaines 4 out of 5 business days with 1 day remote. You will be part of the incident support process, and you will be an active member with investigations in resolving complex incidents. You will work alongside other internal IT teams, such as applications and infrastructure, and participate in projects to deliver IT solutions to the company. As an active problem solver, you will be a key contributor in the IT change management process.
Successful applicants will have experience managing support teams and providing technical support for end users with a variety of hardware/software issues including cabling, Wi-Fi, routers, switches, and configurations and maintenance for desktops, laptops, monitors, but not limited to keyboards/mice.
Due to contractual regulations, foreign nationals will not be considered.
Why GTI Energy?
GTI Energy offers generous benefits, competitive salaries, career advancement, and the opportunity to work in a professional R&D environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud of what we do because our work matters. GTI Energy is working toward solving global energy challenges in transitioning to a low-carbon economy. We have a proven track record in producing innovative ideas and commercializing solutions to deliver clean and reliable energy. At GTI Energy, we deliver innovative technology solutions for safe, efficient, and responsible energy.
So, what does that mean for you? You will work in a positive and respectful work culture that fosters growth, collaboration, and opportunity. You will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits, while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement of delivering clean energy to the world.
* Oversee and manage End User Support team
* Oversee new equipment deployments
* Act as escalation for all help desk related issues, providing support and advice to staff and end users (actively engage in resolving user issues)
* Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
* Ensure delegated tasks and duties are carried out in a proper and timely manner.
* Responsible for asset management from acquisition to elimination
* Serve as the first point of contact for assigning Help Desk tickets
* Establish best practices through the entire technical support process with supporting documentation
* Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
* Always be in a constant pursuit of a better way through automation or reduction of time spent resolving issues
* Provide technical leadership and support or direction as an escalation point for technical issues
* Be the first line of defense for any unhappy client issue for assigned teams. This includes, but is not limited to emails, phone calls and in-person client visits
* Develop and implement help desk policies, processes, and procedures to include responsibility for effectively communicating status of all help desk operations
* Support on-site users with shared meeting spaces
* Remote troubleshooting of desktop, laptop, smartphone network connectivity
* Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
* Stay current with system information changes and updates
* Provide technical and procedural support to customers including file permissions, folder permissions, account permissions, security groups, password resets/unlocks, network connectivity, and (but not limited to) VPN
* Adhere to the GTI Energy's core values while providing competent, proactive support to GTI Energy
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Must be able to work on-site in the Des Plaines office
* Three years to five years of similar or related experience in Help Desk Management
* Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field); experience with relevant Information Technology skills will also be considered
* Knowledge of PC and laptop hardware and troubleshooting techniques
* Administration experience in Active Directory, Exchange, ActiveSync, Smart Phone and Mobile Device Management systems like Microsoft Intune.
* Ability to work with demanding users in a fast-paced environment
* Expertise in effectively handling user difficulties
* Strong commitment to the IT policy use.
* Have a strong understanding/experience with Microsoft/Office 365 and various security software
* Have an understanding/experience of Active Directory and Security Groups (Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, SD-WAN, and VLANS are pluses)
* Knowledge of network troubleshooting methods
* Ability to process information in a logical manner to reach a solution
* Exceptional communication skills, with a strong focus on customer service
* Quick thinking, high energy, positive, and professional, with demonstrated analytical and problem solving, multi-tasking, and critical thinking skills
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
* Experience in SharePoint Online is a plus
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Works well both alone and in a team setting
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
GTI Energy is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please e-mail us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Lead, End User Experience & Support
and we'll work with you to meet your accessibility needs. You must have legal authorization to work for GTI Energy on your date of hire with no further action required by GTI Energy. GTI Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, minority/female/disability/veteran/sexual orientation.
- Active Directory Group
- Active Sync
- Asset Management