To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Disputanta, VA 23842
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Standard Motor Products, Inc • Disputanta, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Standard Motor Products, Inc. Engine Management’s Distribution Center is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will supervise a team of two quality technicians, one team lead, eight inspectors, one Parts Sampler and one hourly lift operator. The role will serve as a single point contact for the customer for investigation and corrective action matters, as well as overseeing the quality inspection/auditing processes, reporting to the facility Engineering and Continuous Improvement Manager.
*Relocation or housing is not provided for this position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Direct quality inspection, audit programs, customer complaint investigations and stock checks.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Set guidelines for incoming receipt inspections. These guidelines include the determination of the parameters for the skip lot inspection process.
- Act as the quality facilitator with Virginia line management to improve the quality focus of existing Standard Operating Procedures. This includes coordinating meetings and initiatives for continuous improvement in the area of quality.
- Ensure the Quality department is supporting the operational needs by timely and accurately responding to questions involving: product acceptability, bills of material information, vendor supplied hardware, product packaging requirements and product deviations.
- Coordinate continuous improvement team efforts focused on the quality of services provided
- Oversee the development and implementation of certification programs to ensure proper training of quality personnel.
- Maintain a formal quality document system compliant to ISO 9000.
- ASQ certification, or 5-7 years direct work experience in a supervisory capacity in the quality field preferably in automotive quality control or quality assurance. A technical degree will be a plus.
- Experience with training others in quality improvement and lean processes through own actions
- Demonstrated skill in planning, organizing, and taking action in leading improvement projects.
- Must be proficient in MS Office: Excel, Access, Outlook required.
- Experience working with JE Edwards and WMS a plus.