Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Sr. Electrical Engineer with Substation and Transmission experience in South Charlotte, NC. This direct hire opportunity will be working for the nation' s leading engineering consulting firm supporting public utilities. Please note
: This electrical engineering position is in the Substation Physical Engineering group within the Transmission & Substation division of Company. This position will work closely with clients, engineering departments, and CAD Designers in the development of High-voltage Substation Engineering Design packages for electric utility clients. See desired qualifications below. **PE Required
- Essential Functions: Under minimal supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
- Engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Accurate records and files
Desired Qualifications :
- Graduate from an ABET Accredited - 4 yr. engineering program.
5 to 8 years experience as a practicing engineer and state registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles.
- Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in principles of project management
- Experience in the utility industry.
- NCEES and ability to become licensed in multiple states preferred
- Experience in the electric utility industry
- 3 - 5 years of electrical utility substation design experience (as an employee, contractor, or consultant) with a working knowledge of the physical design of substations 23 kV and higher.
- Ability to design the physical layout of the substation equipment (circuit breakers, transformers, disconnect switches, bus, etc.)
- Ability to design the cable trench and conduit for the routing of cables to the substation equipment.
- Ability to complete the bill of material required for construction of the substation.
- Ability to ensure that a complete design package (drawings, bill of materials, conduit lists, construction specifications, etc.) are delivered to the customer within budget and on time.
- Working knowledge of NESC and IEEE
- Business Process Improvement