Position available in Redmond, WA
The Logistics Specialist provides high-level administrative support for the Datacenter Physical Security program to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, timelines, and required specifications. The role is highly collaborative in nature offering on-site support to multiple work groups during core business hours.
- Acts as the primary owner and manager of the Physical Security Logistics (PSLOG) mailbox.
- Serves as a point-of-contact for client and external vendors systems used by the program onsite and at Headquarters.
- Acts as a problem solver in multiple internal systems and processes in order to deeply understand the many systems related to their tasks as well as provide training and guidance to other team members who utilize the systems.
- Manages the purchasing process for Headquarters and datacenter staff to include; computer equipment, office supplies, software, and medical equipment; ships and tracks inventory arrival both domestic and internationally while keeping designated client informed of daily purchases.
- Conducts procurement research on behalf of various teams, collaborates and builds relationships with domestic and foreign suppliers; ensures required specifications are met in an accurate and cost-effective manner. market buy centers; ensures required specifications are met in an efficient an accurate manner.
- Owns and updates a variety of process documents, job aids, templates, and checklists.
- Conducts annual review of Logistics-related documents in partnership with stakeholders; identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Coordinates on-boarding and off-boarding processes to include notification of action items; ensures employees are added or removed from the necessary systems; updates corresponding distribution groups and organizational charts according to document specifications.
- Owns, updates, and audits multiple internal and external systems associated with on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Uses client meeting technology, schedules and facilitates a variety of meetings and webinars; completes and distributes meeting minutes accordingly.
- Assists with individual and group office moves making necessary updates to internal systems and associated business collateral while providing internal communication of changes to the larger team.
- Identifies opportunities and leads projects that drive process improvement within the Logistics team; recommends changes to workflows and operating practices to improve efficiency.
- Documents and provides weekly progress update on goals and milestones achieved.
- Maintains a customer service approach to problem solving and works with customers to find solutions to their questions or concerns.
- At the direction of the Logistics Manager, performs other duties as assigned to ensure the overall success of the Datacenter Physical Security program.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a reliable means of communication.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Associate's Degree and 2 years of related experience required, Bachelor's degree highly preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job as determined by the company.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Skype, OneNote, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, as well as SharePoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely high attention to detail.
- Effective time management in order to deliver projects on-time and that meet expectations.
- Ability to receive direct or indirect instruction in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form, and act upon such instruction to accomplish a given task or project. In the event of unclear instruction, must have the ability to ask for clarification without prompting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Competent writer; exhibits knowledge of spelling, grammar etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented workplace where judgment and professionalism were necessities.
- Capably work under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach with both internal and external customers.
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Ability to create and revise documentation with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a detail-oriented environment with quickly changing requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn unfamiliar areas of business.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to multi-task.
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public; occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage which may include prolonged periods of data entry.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving