To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- DuBois, PA 15801
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
DanoneWave • DuBois, PA
Posted 29 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands, DanoneWave has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
Oversee manufacturing operations and work closely with all department managers to direct and manage the day to day operation of the facility. Coordinate the activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced, and shipped so as to safely and effectively utilize plant capacities and optimize manufacturing costs and quality.
- Responsible and accountable for Production Facilities quality compliance, inventory control, efficiencies – with respect to labor, overhead, packaging and ingredients, operational budget, and profit and loss statements.
- Coach and counsel direct reports without “over managing” or “micromanaging” their decisions. Works with this focus to define plant goals and plans to meet these goals with this group.
- Create, develop and sustain a “can-do” climate and high levels of frequent communication, cooperation, rewards, training and mutual support among departments.
- Demonstrate an adequate understanding of plant machinery; equipment; processing; batching and blending; quality, and/or other requisite technical knowledge to engage in overall direction, meaningful conversation across functions, and leadership across the plant.
- Demonstrate clear integrity and a sense of ethics and responsibility to the plant and its employees on a daily basis, serving as a model for others.
- Manage relationships with neighbors, community leaders and regulatory agencies.
- Respond effectively and work cross-functionally within the organization particularly with other plants and corporate leadership.
- Coordinates production, distribution, warehousing and sales in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Company.
- Perform in a variety of capacities related to employment decisions throughout the employment life cycle. i.e. hiring, firing, performance evaluation, salary recommendations, employee relations issues as appropriate etc.
- Understand and manage as appropriate capital project expenditures and/or the implementation of capital projects.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- College Degree and or Equivalent Experience required – preferable in engineering, business, food science or related field.
- 12-15 years operational and management experience in food production environment.
- Familiar with how basic plant equipment functions (pumps, hydraulics, electricity, boiler, compressors, chillers etc.).
- Prior consumer packaging experience preferred.
- Planning, scheduling and project management experience necessary.
- Food Technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize plant operations in light of multiple priorities and conflicting demands.
- Strong knowledge of GMP’s - to include regulations which govern food products.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures regarding chemicals, equipment/machinery.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good math skills.
- Work with a diverse workforce.
- Engaged leadership style.
- Develop people.
- Community Relations.
- Team Player with an ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting up to 35 pounds on occasion. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, bending, stretching, and stooping. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them.
DanonWave offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
DanoneWave is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic, or any other unlawful criterion in accordance with applicable law. DanoneWave will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with all legal requirements.
Job ID: REQ0000923
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.