To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redmond, WA
- Phone: 425-653-1454
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Securitas USA • Redmond, WA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Securitas Security Services is seeking an Experienced Security Supervisor!
The Security Supervisor supports and augments the Operations Manager's duties, and functions as relief for scheduled and unscheduled absences or other conflicting obligations that render the Operations Manager unavailable. The Security Supervisor will perform regular duties including but not limited to commanding emergency responses, arranging and adjusting schedules, review of reports, vehicle maintenance oversight, in-service training, post inspections, and other duties assigned by the Operations Manager.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. A Security Supervisor might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Security Supervisors are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties, or tasks, Security Supervisors are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of Company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Security Supervisors are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, Security Supervisors are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized Company representatives.
1. Accept the responsibilities and fulfill the obligations of a Security Officer: protecting life and property; preventing and reducing losses and crimes against the employer's business or other organizations and institutions to which assigned; upholding the law and respecting the constitutional rights of all persons.
2. Diligence and dependability in discharging duties upholding laws, policies and procedures that protect the rights of others at all times.
3. Report, without hesitation, any violations of the law or of the Company's or Client's regulations.
4. Respect and protect the confidential and privileged information of the employer or Client.
5. Cooperate with all recognized and responsible law enforcement and government agencies in matters within their jurisdiction.
6. Coordinates day to day operations.
7. Coordinates scenario based training.
8. Supporting the Operations Manager, lead and manage supervision of field personnel and security operations at the Global Security account.
9. Maintain and update security procedures.
10. Administer Counseling and Corrective Action Reports as directed by, or in the absence of the Operations Manager.
11. Communicate all employment and position changes, attendance discrepancies, vacation, leave of absence to the Operations Manager.
12. Ensure all officers are following and enforcing all Securitas, Virtual Security Operations Center and Field Operation policies and procedures.
13. Coordinate event staffing support with the Scheduling department.
14. Provide feedback to the Operations Manager for officer performance evaluations.
15. Provide timely and accurate weekly and monthly input to Operations Manager to assist in generating operational reports.
16. Assist in investigating customer complaints and provide alternative methods for resolution.
17. Assist with the Virtual Security Operations Center and Training Department to coordinate operational drills.
18. Perform other duties as directed by Management.
19. Performs scheduling and time verification duties required for maintaining proper staffing levels of assigned shift. Maintain and update the Securitas Automated Field Enterprise System (SAFES).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Must have completed FEMA 100, 200, and 700 series online courses.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
* Accomplishing and maintaining Responder Qualified status; no exceptions.
* Successfully complete Securitas Supervisor Training Modules within first year in job.
* Compliance with account attendance policy.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Meets and continues to meet any applicable state, county, and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
* Meets and continues to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications, or authorizations specified for the assigned accounts.
* Working knowledge of security operations and procedures and their application to the Microsoft Account.
* Function effectively in a teamwork environment.
* Adapt to multiple changing priorities.
* Adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
* Demonstrated understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
* Maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
* Intermediate use of personal computer required and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook and Perspective (PPM) are mandatory.
* Strong oral and written communications.
* Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
* Interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
* Take initiative and achieve results.
* Adapts to changes in the internal and external organizational environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS:
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, Clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* Must undergo and meet Company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Computer usage.
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
* Regular use of a vehicle for the performance of duties.
* Regular talking and hearing.
* Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.