The Social Worker in Home Health assists patients and families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The Social Worker will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and|or families, and update case records. The licensed social worker with a master's degree performs these functions under the supervision of the licensed master's degreed social worker. LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
• Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental, and social factors and difficulties related to the patient's health problems; which interfere with maximizing the
benefit of medical services and the plan of care.
* Contributes as a health care team member to the development of comprehensive, integrated treatment plans for patients.
* Instructs health care team members on community resources available to assist patients.
* Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community agencies.
* Assesses and treats social and emotional factors related to patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living
* Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept, follow, and implement medical recommendations.
* Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing community resources which will help the patient to achieve and maintain
* Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource development and/or improvement.
* Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a progress note for each visit; and submits progress notes to the
agency on an at least weekly basis.
* Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
* Fulfills necessary mandatory education on annual basis
* Provides in-service to agency staff as needed
* Sends the physician a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days
* All other duties as assigned
* Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
* One year of social work experience in a healthcare setting.License Requirements
* Current CPR certification.
* Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.Additional State Specific Requirements
* AL, AR, CA, CO, GA, ID, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OR, SC, TN, TX, WI, WV: Licensed as a Social
Worker from the StateBoard of Social Work.
* VA: 2 years experience in case work or counseling in a health care setting.
* AK, AZ, CT, FL, IN, MO, NY, OK, PA, RI, WA: No other state specific requirements.
Long Term Care