Location: 1 LINCOLN CTR, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
- Provide project controls Cost Engineering support per PC-ED-2014 to the director, manager of projects, project managers, contractors and other key team members.
- Analyze project actual and forecast to ensure compliance with annual internal and external Sarbanes Oxley Audits. dentify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization issues early and developing resolutions to meet project metrics.
- Provide historical comparisons of complete projects and programs. Develop and monitor the budgets for transmission, sub-station, distribution projects and programs.
- Manage program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month variance analysis.
- Prepare project accrual and JE and support project managers during financial challenge meetings.
- Provide 24/7 on call services for emergent projects.
- Utilize the current Financial Management system
- Currently, financial management system for these utilities is WPT/Clarity.
- Utilize Passport Work Management and Supply systems. Run, summarize and analyze various Hyperion reports to support projects and processes.
- Schedule and run monthly forecasting and accrual meetings with Project managers, report variances and issues to both the PM and project controls leadership.
- Utilize Excel detailed cost files for budgeting, cost management updates and earned value performance output. Manage budgets, forecasts, authorization limits and accruals for all assigned projects and programs. Provide monthly reports for: reauthorization risk, forecast accuracy by Project Manager, program and department, CIAC forecast and analysis, Contingency released and remaining, and others as requested.
- Ensures that all PAR forms in WPT are completed properly and route for approvals. Provides review of FERC assets, Capital & Expense classification, and property units for projects.
- Supports the development of the financial slides used in DOA approval presentations representing the requested authorization, funding sources, projected spend, etc.
- Monitors the portfolio of projects estimate at completion versus authorization ensuring that projects do not exceed authorization.
- Manages the Vendor Forecasting process which is used as a source of input for Cost Engineering.
- Reviews vendor forecasts to ensure that they are providing quality forecasts.
- Develops material request reporting which is used as a source of input for Cost Engineering.
- Provides an accounting review of all centrally managed material request and contractor contracts to ensure appropriate department and subaccount assignments.
- Creates ITNs in WPT if needed to track project budget, forecast, and authorization.
Budget and Forecast tracking.
Analysis Of Variance
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 171332
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
AIC is a leading talent solutions firm that provides highly-skilled Information Technology (IT), Engineering, and Finance professionals to clients nationwide. With an unwavering commitment to excellence, integrity, and innovation, AIC draws from 50 years of experience in the consulting services industry to provide unparalleled business and technical expertise to middle market and Fortune1000 companies. Founded in 1966, AIC is part of the ACS Group.
View the full profile
Our services are designed to meet clients' changing needs and our approach is flexible and collaborative. We take the time to understand your business and the unique needs of your environment, and then apply our technical knowledge and industry perspective to deliver a custom solution. Whether that means supplying you with an individual, several members of a joint project team or a completely outsourced solution, AIC has the expertise and the resources to deliver.
Our experience, passion and client-centric approach have resulted in a long track record of success. For more than 45 years, AIC has provided the added technical capacity and expertise required to help businesses drive value, control costs and deliver on the promise of a more efficient and productive enterprise.