The Business Banking Officer is responsible for generating business through sustaining and servicing existing portfolios and/or developing new business for designated market in accordance with our organization’s vision, core values, mission, team guidelines, and business plan. This position will originate and manage a compliant and profitable portfolio. Position is responsible to forge relationships with other internal departments as well build strong ties within the community and maintain strong customer to ties in an effort to continue to build business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain book of business. This position will be involved in sales-focused activities that will vary depending on marketing. This includes maintaining strong relationships with current customers, prospecting new customers, calling and follow-up of both new and current customers, business/customer visits, and strong community focus to create and continue awareness of Western brand and develop new relationships.
- Maintain ongoing credit and file administration. Work with internal credit, loan processing, and business banking teams, and internal databases to ensure timely collection items, ticklers, and maintenance of current customers is taking place.
- Collaborate and cross-sell between other internal teams and services.
- Analyze, review, and prepare annual review documents on customers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Business Management preferred with 2+ years of business banking experience preferred.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
At Western State Bank, “what” you know is important, but not as important as how you relate to teammates and customers. Our environment is based on the principles of respect, curiosity, creativity, individual empowerment, and the ability to listen effectively and communicate openly. We also believe in continual learning, bias toward action, keeping commitments, and doing our absolute best every day. We believe that our ability to deliver on our promise of being Your Hometown Bank is a result of these high standards.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship for visa status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Western State Bank is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer. Member FDIC.