Job DetailsJob Location West Winds - Desert Hot Springs, CADescription
This is a trainee position responsible for assisting with the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of power plant and all associated equipment in accordance with procedures, guidelines, and operating directives in effect. Demonstrates the ability to assist with power plant operational duties, perform basic mechanical, electrical, and/or instrumentation tasks. Concurrently, performs and adheres to all training requirements and schedules. Training program requirements are expected to be completed within the designated time frame.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned as needed)
- Adheres to, supports and complies with all company safety and environmental policies and practices. Ensures all employees, contractors and visitors conduct themselves safely and within company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Under the supervision of the O&M Tech I assists in activities at the power plant, including startups, shutdowns, load changing operation on the plant, controls all auxiliary equipment systems and supporting equipment. Assists in the operation of the wind turbine systems.
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions. Completes chemical and oil analysis in accordance with procedures at specified intervals. Computes and reviews various logs and reports production, fault, temperatures levels and other information. Communicates with shift changing plant personnel to confirm equipment status, load schedule, and changes.
- Maintains the plant area, shop equipment, tools and grounds in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Takes immediate corrective action as directed in response to emergency situations to minimize safety hazards and to reduce damage or downtime to the plant and its equipment.
- Monitors and performs maintenance work as directed. Typical maintenance work includes, but is not limited to; disassembly, repair, and assembly of small and medium size equipment; lubricating equipment; assisting with and/or performing instrumentation and electrical troubleshooting and maintenance; changing oil in equipment, and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Assists with corrective, predictive, and preventive maintenance as directed on electrical, mechanical, instrumentation systems. Compiles records and reports, and maintains a daily log.
- Upon certification operates various pieces of heavy equipment, such as forklifts, cranes, man lifts, machine tools and electrical test equipment in the performance of operation and maintenance work.
- Trains to improve personal skills related to the job and/or required advancement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred but not required; Desired qualifications: 1+ years power plant maintenance experience. Familiar with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical equipment, systems construction, capacities limitations, theories of operation and operating procedures. Exposure to plant design and equipment locations, turbine configurations, and normal range of parameters, temperatures, levels, etc, for common production levels. Safe use of tools, plant safety rules, probable causes of equipment and systems malfunctions. Basic knowledge of heavy equipment operation and basic to intermediate computer skills in word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate orally with other employees including the proper use of a radio.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - Valid Texas Driver's License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to work a rotating shift with normal shifts up to 12 hours per day. Overtime required as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud on occasion can be very loud.
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Elementary Algebra