To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sierra Vista, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facility Security Officer
Chenega Corporation • Sierra Vista, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
CHENEGA IT Enterprise Services (CITES), LLC
Company Job Title:
Facility Security Officer
Top SecretLocation: Sierra Vista, AZ
Director of Enterprise and IT
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) advises staff, managers, and employees on all aspects of government security requirements. The FSO provides input as requested on security implications of new proposals and business opportunities. This manager plans, manages, and coordinates subsidiary safety programs to control risks and losses and to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists employees on preparation of security clearance paperwork using the Electronic Questionnaires for investigations
- Processing (e-QIP) system to ensure compliance and completes processing for forwarding to government.
- Serve as company focal point for Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Army Centralized Contracts and Security portal (ACCS). Must be comfortable performing Level 3/4 JPAS duties to include initiating PSI, running PR
- Reports, in- and out-processing employees and consultants, sending and receiving visit requests, interpreting person summaries for eligibility and access (security verification), submitting RRUs, etc. In ACCS, responsible for submitting New SCI Access Request, New Visit Request, transfer in status requests, etc.
- Coordinates collateral personnel security clearance requirements with the Defense Security Service.
- Maintains a database of cleared employees, classified contracts, active consultants, subcontracting companies, badges issued, etc. Prepares and keeps personnel security files for cleared employees and consultants up to date. Utilized various DoD databases/systems associated with security processing (i.e., Access Commander, e-QIP, JPAS, ISFD, Scattered Castles, etc.).
- Coordinates additional security requirements such as polygraphs, CAC, badge request/renewal, special access indoctrination/debriefing and Counterintelligence pre-screening. This entails interfacing with government agencies, subcontractors, and candidates to track progress through system and gather required documentation.
- Processes incoming and outgoing Visit Requests for classified visits.
- Responds as On-Call person for all alarm activations in the Chenega facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining accountability of all classified documents coming into or being sent from the facility.
- Provides courier authorizations to employees and briefings as needed.
- Prepares reports and notifications to appropriate government agencies as required by applicable government regulations.
- Keeps senior management apprised of any security deficiencies or potential problem areas.
- Coordinates all security requirements with appropriate government agencies and interacts with their security staff to ensure processing of requested actions.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High School Diploma/GED required, Associates Degree desired
- 5 years of combined security related experience working at corporate level of a government contractor and government (civilian or military) security, preferably requiring interaction with various government agencies in both the collateral and SCI environments. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Active Top Secret, with ability to obtain SCI
- Valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Must have proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Must know and be able to take all actions required to ensure compliance with all Government security regulations and contractual requirements.
- Must be able to make decisions to advise staff on appropriate actions in regards to all security related actions.
- Knowledge and practical experience in developing and maintaining DSS/OPM clearance policies and procedures; Intelligence Community Agency policies and procedures; DOD practices and policies; utilizing the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) systems.
- Knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD 5105.22.M-1 (Sensitive Compartmented Security Administrative Manual) and applicable Director of Central Intelligence Agency Directives (DCIDs). Practical experience in managing both SCI and collateral secure facilities (TS and below) through the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the Defense Security Service (DSS) or other government agencies.
- Must be familiar with automated information system processing requests to prepare documentation required under collateral and SCI systems.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize. Ability to work on projects independently and as a team player.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.