To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenwood Village, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Greenwood Village, CO
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY? This position is a great chance to work in a successful company with a lot of room for growth!
MUST HAVE- JIRA, Ruby (Python would work as well), and app support experience or something equivalent
The JIRA Support Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and reporting on activities in the JIRA intake queue for support tickets. The JIRA Support Engineer may also be required to present training sessions on a monthly schedule.
Support tickets can include requests for problem resolution, defect reports, requests for new features or functionality, and requests for training. It is the JIRA Support Engineer’s job to help ease the burden of support requests on the development team. Often times the JIRA Support Engineer will be required to inspect and fix problems with server networking, Ruby scripts, GIT repositories, and the client. In cases where the support ticket is outside the knowledge or skills of the JIRA Support Engineer, gathering detailed information about the situation is important so that developers can quickly and efficiently respond to issues.
The JIRA Support Engineer is the first line of defense for the team and also acts as the direct link to users in the field. As the main point of contact, it’s important respond to problems in a polite and timely fashion. It may be helpful to analyze frequently occurring situations and offer both users and developers ideas for improvement so that frequent situations do not continue to occur.
In an effort to continually educate and improve our user’s knowledge, you may be responsible for presenting Demos, training sessions or best practices seminars. These may be in person with slides or remotely from a computer using video conferencing or webinar tools.
The primary duties of a JIRA Support Engineer include the following:
- Monitoring the JIRA intake queue for support tickets and responding to these tickets in a timely manner in order to support users.
- Response time is based on Priority levels (0 being high/emergency priority and 4 being low/trivial).
- Fixing or solving general issues encountered by users in order to facilitate user productivity.
- In cases where the issue is outside of your knowledge, you will often need to recover key details about the situation and forward the ticket to the appropriate resource or team member.
- Reproducing, verifying, and/or reporting software defects or bugs that are detected by users in order to streamline defect resolution.
- Often times excellent problem solving and critical thinking will be needed to reproduce issues.
- Creating small tests and scripts may be necessary to prove or verify the existence of defects.
- Reporting new feature requests and areas for improvement expressed by users in order to maintain user satisfaction.
- Gathering key information, use cases, and rationale for feature requests may be necessary in order to paint a better picture of user’s needs/wants to developers.
- (Tentative) Monitoring scripts, methods, ROIs, etc.… associated with tickets in order to provide feedback on best practices, how-to’s, and areas for improvement.
- (Tentative) Providing monthly training sessions in order to educate various levels of users.
The required skills for a JIRA Support Engineer include the following:
- GIT or similar version control system experience.
- Many support tickets involve branch merging, commit reverting, and merge conflict resolution operations.
- Ruby or similar high level object oriented program language experience.
- Scripts are written in Ruby and many support tickets involve reading through and debugging user scripts.
- Some defect reports may require you to create small tests or scripts to verify their validity.
- Windows OS experience.
- Our servers run on Windows OS and many support tickets require remotely accessing the server and performing Windows administrative activities (ex. Restarting services, browsing files, changing network adapter settings, etc.)
The required basic competencies for a JIRA Support Engineer include the following:
- Excellent reading and writing skills.
- Much of the interaction between users is through text (i.e. emails and comments).
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Often times you will be forced to think outside the box in order to solve, reproduce, or verify user’s issues.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- You may be required to provide presentations, trainings, or reports to various teammates and users.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.