Prepares Fiduciary income tax returns for trusts where the Bank or one of the legal entities acts is trustee.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:Education and Experience Required:
- Learn the systems and procedures of the Fiduciary Tax area and participate in training within and outside the department to support these efforts.
- Responsible for an assigned book of accounts and the timely and accurate preparation of less complex tax returns. Assist more experienced Accountants with preparing Form 1040.
- Review tax coding of transactional data to ensure its' accuracy.
- Work with more experienced Accountants on fiduciary tax matters for large family relationships.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1 years' work experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 5 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 1 years' work experience
Understanding of pertinent word processing and spreadsheet software Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Minimum of 2 years' accounting experience
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R08764
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
M&T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving
New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia,
West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, the company provides
banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to more than 3.6
million consumer, business and government clients.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, including disabilities and veterans.
Equal Housing Lender. NMLS #381076. © 2019 M&T Bank. Member FDIC.
Industry Financial Services
Company size 10,001+ employees
Headquarters Buffalo, New York
Type Public Company
View the full profile