Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Production Supervisor is an integral part of our Leadership Team that serves as the primary resource for safe and quality driven production. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to foster an environment of teamwork that results in achieving our key performance indicators and delivers a product that exceeds customer expectations. This is a 3rd shift position reporting directly to the Plant Manager.
Major Functions & Scope:
- Responsible for promoting a safe culture and awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Responsible for all initial training of new hires and continuous training of the safety and ISO quality management systems.
- Directly supervisor hourly Team Members to achieve expected levels of safety, quality and productivity.
- Perform all leadership functions relating to the coaching, training, mentoring, conflict resolution and disciplining of team members.
- Actively participate in the selection process of hiring new talent into the organization and performing subsequent evaluations.
- Incorporate, identify, and take action on process improvements through Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma methodologies.
- Audit production processes to ensure both safety and quality standards are achieved.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Education & Knowledge:
- Associate's degree in management or engineering related field required. Bachelor's degree in management or an engineering related field preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA compliance and safety policy/procedures preferred.
- Ability to read/write English.
- Knowledge of ceramic manufacturing and quality standards preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience, experience in a manufacturing environment a plus. Candidates in a role of progressive responsibility may be considered.
- Core competencies include strong communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and ability to analyze, plan, and schedule resources.
- Basic computer skills in the use of email, and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Process Improvements (Business)
Coaching And Mentoring