To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manassas, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior-level Facilities Industrial Engineer - United States
CH2M & Jacobs • Manassas, VA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As the Industrial Engineer you will have the chance to work on large semiconductor operations and manufacturing systems. Working with other members of our team, youll Support projects by operating as a junior industrial engineer. During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to be the owner of the quality of work produced by the staff industrial engineers on projects, support the management and updating of discipline specific standards, analysis models and benchmark database, support business development with authoring proposals, staffing level requirements and task durations as requested and maintain appropriate staffing level to support project requirements. If youre up for the challenge, weve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet production requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of manufacturing equipment & capabilities, ensuring that projects presented are within current capabilities, or clearly identify when they are outside our current capability scope and determine what Capital is required to be able to take on this new business.
- Lead ideation / brainstorming sessions / Kaizen (continuous improvement) events leading to process or equipment enhancements
- Ensure work is completed in a timely fashion to ensure project timelines are met. • Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Create and maintain factory & equipment layouts using CAD software AutoCAD, Revit and or Navis works
- One key Role is to identify, plan, and deliver key business results related to process efficiencies, customer satisfaction, and employee development, across all business functions through Lean Enterprise and Industrial Engineering activities. This position will work closely with all levels of the organization to ensure that best practices and continuous improvement are a part of our culture.
- Reviews production information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing. This includes, but is not limited to production schedules, process flows and engineering specs.
- Identifies opportunities for manufacturing and manufacturing process improvement and increased efficiency. Advises management regarding opportunities and plant and machinery design and capabilities.
- Designs control systems and processes to help plan production to minimize and resolve production issues and project costs while meeting quality standards.
- Uses technical knowledge and lean manufacturing principles and project management tools to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and meet quality standards and project goals.
- Develops and manages project plans by documenting and tracking progress against project scope, milestones and timelines, resources, and financial requirements.
- When appropriate and with approval from management, engages vendors to assist with improvements and enhance equipment.
#AF #AdvancedFacilities #Electrical #ToolInstall #Semiconductor #Manassas
- Bachelors degree (4yr): Engineering (industrial, mechanical or manufacturing engineering, or related) Must have obtained degree at the time of this posting. Not able to consider 2019 grads.
- 1 3 yrs Industrial or manufacturing engineer experience working with complex mfg equipment
- 1 3 yrs Manufacturing systems experience
- 1 years: Autocad, Revit and Navis Works
- 1 year: Lean manufacturing experience
Please note that we will not sponsor and employment visa, such as an H-1B or related visa, to fill this position
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>