Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our Southeast Water Business is growing! In response to this steady growth, our team in Bowie, MD
is looking for a Construction Manager
to provide project management during the construction phase of our water & wastewater projects throughout the region (i.e. pumping stations, pipelines, treatment facilities, etc.).
Additional responsibilities will include:
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Collaborating and providing project oversight by maintaining communications between project teams, clients and contractors to deliver all projects on time, at or under budget, and to the client’s expected standard of quality
- Primary project contact and maintaining a strong client relationship
- Providing input concerning constructability and biddably during design and developing project construction schedules and budgets
- Overseeing contractor’s compliance with all requirements of project design specifications and drawings via onsite inspection staff
- Processing pay estimates; make appropriate recommendations to client on payment issues
- Providing document control including processing all project correspondence, documents, and drawings; preparation of various technical reports
- Management of on-site inspection staff
- Coordination of inspection staff for other GHD projects
- Responsibility of overall financial performance of consulting services contract, including invoicing, budget tracking and change management
- Providing appropriate responses and/or recommendations on construction issues; consult with engineering staff on all technical matters; notify all parties of issues that impact critical path schedule
- Negotiating Change Orders on behalf of the client and coordinated with the Design Engineer, as required
- Conduct and coordinate project closeout
- Assisting with various other tasks such as equipment and process startup, testing, and optimization, business development efforts and proposal preparation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) license
- CCM certifications a plus
- At least 10 years of experience as Construction Manager and/or Resident Engineer on municipal water, wastewater and/or linear infrastructure construction projects
- Experience with various document management systems, including Primavera, ProCore, E-builder, and others
- Strong experience in schedule reviews and confirming compliance with the contract specification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to develop, mentor and lead professional technical staff
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.