Truck Equipment Technician/Welder (Tucson, AZ):
Auto Safety House is seeking a full-time Truck Equipment Technician to work as part of a dedicated team and work inside a high volume and high quality shop up-fitting commercial and safety vehicles. Building vehicles from the ground up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install flat beds of all sizes.
- Install service bodies of all sizes.
- Fabricate from ground up hitches and ICC bumpers.
- Fabricate and install dump bodies and needed hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Install wire and repair safety equipment such as 4 corner strobe systems, arrow boards and light bars.
- Mount tool box and lift gates
- Minimum of 2 years of experience welding vehicles (trucks).
- 3+ years of experience in automotive electrical and lighting systems.
- 3+ years of experience in fabrication (building car chassis, building trailers, fabricating dump bodies etc.).
- Basic experience using hand tools for drilling and bolting.
- Good mechanical aptitude, including the ability to use basic hand and measuring tools (which the employee is expected to supply).
- The ability to read and interpret drawing, specifications and manuals and competently inspect all products manufactured.
- Knowledge of all equipment including the following: saws, ironworkers, drills, cutting torches and welders.
- Must have own tools.
- Clean and valid driver's license.
BENEFITS: Auto Safety House offers a competitive wage and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, short-term & long-term disability, 401k, PTO, paid holidays, and a safe work environment.