Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units Interstate Assembly Systems, Interstate Bearing Systems, Interstate Industrial Systems, Interstate Power Systems and I-State Truck Center.
This interesting and varied position consists of fabrication and assembly of pre-cut steel or aluminum large and small components to complete a finished product. This will include grinding, and some wiring. Safety and cleanliness is a major part of the work. Sometimes working independently, other times as part of a team, the Welder is an important role for Assembly Systems.
* Most work is wire feed carbon steel horizontal welding, some vertical welds required
* Handling material including moving steel or aluminum onto fixtures and jigs
* Fabrication according to print, with willingness and ability to ask for clarification whenever there are questions to ensure a product which meets customer expectations
* Adhere to all administrative policies and practices including logging time spent on a job and keeping files up to date
* Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
* Must be able to perform physical work
* High school degree or G.E.D.
* Ability to use and understand basic tools such as tape measure, prints/drawings
* Positive attitude
* Willing and able to learn
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Welding experience
* Wiring experience
* Experience with and ability to understand drawings and prints, diagrams, etc.
* Experience with material handling equipment including skid steer, forklift, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.
- Construction Plant Operation
- Electrical Wirings
- Forklift Truck
- Materials Management