- The primary purpose of the role is to lead and coordinate the development of winning outsourcing solutions for prospective clients, including development of the organization staffing model, identifying detailed savings and improvement plans, technology solution, service delivery processes and tools and the financial analysis that demonstrates the value proposition to our clients.
Will embrace a high energy level, thriving in a fast-paced environment having a track record of exceptional performance with the ability to manage many competing demands, while coordinating and producing meaningful solutions. The Solutions Manager partners with sales leaders, functional subject matter experts and marketing to put forth the most tailored, competitive solution possible for each client. Coordinating the development of clear, articulate, and winning value propositions for presentation to our prospective clients.
The Solutions Manager assists the sales leader in the contracting process by helping identify best business terms language, develop contract exhibits and conducting get-give analysis as needed. The Solutions Manager will participate as part of the Solutions Team to ensure that there is an ongoing exchange of best practices and creative solutions across all pursuits. Solutions Managers can also partner with selected Service Line leaders to act as a single point of contact from the Sales team to guarantee a high level of collaboration and understanding across sales of each service line offering, value proposition, resourcing and pricing. The Solutions Manager role was created to improve our win rate, improve our profitability and reduce the risk we take on in every deal. It is viewed as a key differentiator to our ability to compete in an increasingly complex market with more sophisticated buyers and stronger competition.
Management / Teamwork / Leadership
- Ability to lead through influence, not direct management
- Proven track record in leadership or complex roles
- Demonstrated ability to partner, critical for success when working with internal Subject Matter Expert’s
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Build successful relationships
- Able to respond to different personality types (internally and externally)
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the competitive environment and articulate the firm’s value proposition.
- Managerial Courage – willing share unpopular position in the sales process when appropriate.
- Accountability and ownership for the process and coordination of overall solution and components
- Maximize Firms internal network to support the creation of creative and customize solution
- Own these deliverables that will be key for RFP response and business planning;
- Conduct and coordinate Site Tours
- Integrated solution
- Participate in client-facing yellow pads to help diagnose client needs and customize our solution
- Coordinate solutions resources across geographies to ensure quality of proposed service offering
- Portfolio cost modeling (details involved in client RFP)
- Financial pricing model (internal proforma used during approval processes)
- Proposed org structure
- Scope clarification
- Corporate functional reviews
- Assumptions, risk and risk mitigation documentation
- Communicate with the transition team and account management organization to help facilitate operational handoff
- Excellent capacity to listen, articulate back what was heard, and mold this into a solution
- Ability to articulate and present account team, solution structure, delivery approach, maintenance strategy both internally and to client
- Ability to present in front of many different types of clients and flexibility with presentation style
- Able to receive constructive and critical feedback while rehearsing presentations and role playing
- Ensuring our best solutions, practices, value prop and pricing is applied to every deal.
- Strong grasp of real estate outsourcing in order to design the right solution based on what the client is trying to solve
- Help identify additional potential sales or growth opportunities during the RFP process
- Proforma owner during RFP negotiations to validate scope and price changes on P&L
- Partner with Contract Manager to ensure all details from pricing and bid make it into the final MSA
- Develop needed benchmarks and analytics to support estimating and pricing, in particular when scope is lacking
- Identifying any financial or delivery risks for JLL, including completing the internal profitability analysis for JLL
- Financial acumen to create, understand and articulate a value proposition impact
Process & Project Management
- Strong organizational skills, detail focused, tenacious follow up skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities.
- Strong Project / Process Management skills.
- Ability to drive and attain output from multiple and diverse disciplines and team members.
- Ensuring that Sales is leveraging their internal best practices and tools on every deal.
- Substitute for the SD lead as needed during the pursuit process
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA is preferred
Years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of JLL or industry related experience
- Sales experience is preferred
- IFM Product Knowledge preferred
Skills and knowledge
- Proven track record in leadership or complex roles
- Strong background in Operations (on account), ideally depth in IFM or TAS/Portfolio Strategy
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Strong writing skills including the ability to communicate the complete holistic solution in a clear and concise detailed narrative and executive summary
- Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation) and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and with competing priorities
- Relates well to all levels; establishes confidence and trust; highly thought of by peers and leaders
- Ability to lead development of creative or unique solutions – thinking beyond what we have always done, creating a vision of what could be, driving through hurdles, leading teams to develop unique solutions
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply