To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2150 Penn Street Northeast
Washington, DC 20002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Assistant - OB/GYN
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates • Washington, DC
Posted 2 months ago
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures, which may include pelvic exams.
- Obtains patient vital signs
- Administers intramuscular injections and immunizations as prescribed by the provider.
- Performs a variety of patient testing and screening
- Performs laboratory testing as assigned, to include receiving laboratory results and communicating test results to physicians and patients, explaining test procedures to patients and scheduling patients for follow-up tests or treatments
- Completes medical forms as required, to includes reviewing charts for accuracy and completeness of necessary data
- Assists with other support activities, to include packaging and sterilizing equipment and supplies, ensuring that expiration dates have not passed
- Maintains an inventory of appropriate supplies, equipment and medication
- Maintains and improves knowledge and expertise through continuous training, to include CPR certification
- Ensures safe and efficient patient flow and facilitates safe transition of care
- Communicates problems and concerns to supervisors and providers
- Assists in maintaining patient areas in a clean and safe mannerOther Duties May Include:
- Manages prescription Rx task list
- Schedules appointments
- Scans information into charts and print information from electronic records
- Prioritizes and completes all tasks with documentation and, if necessary, reassign appropriately
- Tasks or faxes procedural reports, labs & reports to referring physicians
- Manages task list and processes messages within the electronic health record
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school graduation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Certification as a Medical Assistant.
One year of experience as a medical assistant in a fast-paced healthcare setting. Experience working with patient records, billing and scheduling in a clinical setting is needed for this position. Typing skill of 30 WPM is necessary. Experience utilizing a computerized patient scheduling system or computer terminals is necessary. Familiarity with medical insurance and medical terminology is preferred along with referral and prescription intake experience. Knowledge of Allscripts electronic health records system and IDX patient scheduling/ registration systems is preferred. Bi-lingual preferred.