We are searching for an experienced Finance Database Analyst.
South Bend, Indiana
The Finance Database Analyst will work with Finance to develop business intelligence assets that meet the needs of the Finance team. This role will serve as a data champion working with Finance to improve understanding and usage of organizational data as well as provide relevant operational and analytical insights to the Finance department.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
Prepares and analyzes financial data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Participate in financial analysis activities to gather required operational reporting, dashboard, and metrics requirements
- Develop rich, easy to use, interactive, visually appealing graphics and data visualizations of 'large' amounts of financial data
- Overall responsibility for the development and operation of production financial reports and ad-hoc financial queries.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support Finance business objectives.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary for the continued growth and advancement of the Credit Union.
• Mathematical and logical aptitude and general interpersonal skills are necessary.
• Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
• Should be able to demonstrate adaptability and self-motivation to learn.
• Requires technical creativity and priority management skills to accomplish a variety of projects.
• A desire to excel and grow within your role and beyond.
Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon with Supervisor.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining in-house business intelligence solutions for the Finance team that meet organizational objectives and work efficiently within the current technology framework
- Responsible for completion of all work assigned within the predetermined deadlines.
- Accountable for protection of security and confidentiality of all systems maintained.
- Accountable for understanding and applying government laws and regulations and TCU policies and procedures relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations including by not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US PATRIOT ACT and OFAC.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing financial data or 2+ years of experience performing data analysis including the development of reports, dashboards and data models.
- 2+ years of experience or similar completed coursework on utilizing database technologies for data analytics preferred. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL are preferred.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Business Intelligence
- Business Planning