To demonstrate skills and competencies in performing all security functions. Have knowledge and understanding on how to operate all security equipment, computers, monitors, radios, telephones, security vehicles and access controls and video equipment. Will appropriately respond to call for assistance and investigate all incidents of unusual circumstances. Ability to apply appropriate physical intervention when combative patients or others represent risks to themselves or others. Ensure documentation is completed appropriately and accurately. Provide customer service and assistance when request. Perform routine task and appropriately respond to the facility's emergency codes. Participate and complete training in PPE use and IAHSS and achieve a passing score. Officers will be trained and competent to carry and use TASER's, wear Bodycams and appropriately engage in the safe control of violent persons.
• High School or GED
• 1 - 3 Years of experience, analytical, organization & verbal communication
• International Association of Hospital Safety & Security Basic Certification – required within 180 Days from date of hire
• Valid Driver’s Licenses – required Upon Hire
• Taser qualified. Appropriate qualification course provided by Olathe Health – required within 60 Days from date of hire
• Participates in all training and departmental meetings as required.
• Demonstrates flexibility required to meet changing priorities.
• Maintains respectful working relationships with co-workers and encourages the team approach.
• Approaches work in a manner that makes quality improvement a part of every activity.
• 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
• 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
• $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
• Paid Sick Leave
• Accrued PTO
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
• Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
• Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
• The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
• One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!
EEO Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet