SHINES MICRO FOCUS PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a SHINES Micro Focus Programmer Analyst for a contract position in Atlanta, GA. Opportunity will be one year with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
The Micro Focus Programmer Analyst is responsible for analyzing, understanding and translating business needs into business/technical requirements. This position will analyze, design and develop information systems as well as act as subject matter expert in respective technology.
- Design, code, test, and implement complex programs and packages.
- Develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Coordinate analyses necessary to identify viable solution alternatives, create technical documents, high level solution designs and work estimates.
- Conduct systems tests monitor results and take required corrective actions as needed.
- Help support/manage systems during deployment and pilot until effective transition has occurred to the support teams.
- Provide training on respective system or technology solutions to team members and business partners.
- Participate in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Promote and use the standard systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Define deployment strategies to increase the organization's maturity in tool use.
- Provide technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems and participating in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Select appropriate tools to develop systems and software.
- Deploy and support vendor packaging, designing and building interface around it.
- Provide technical direction in systems analysis, design and development in coordination with enterprise architects and/or solution architects.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Five (5) years of working experience in Microfocus Cobol, Unix, and Mainframe environment
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and commonly used QA concepts, practices and procedures.
- Prior experience with automated testing tools and stress/load/performance testing environments.
- Demonstrated application design and development knowledge in one or more of the following - object-oriented programming, .Net, JAVA/J2EE, SQL, TFS, COBOL, C#.
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!
- .Net Framework
- Application Design
- Business Requirements
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Cobol (Programming Language)