To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
875 Beach Boulevard
Biloxi, MS 39530
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Lifeguard Seasonal (Beau Rivage)
MGM Resorts International • Biloxi, MS
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It is the primary responsibility of the Lifeguard to promote and maintain quality guest service while maintaining a safe environment for all pool guests. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Monitors activities of swimmers/bathers in the pool and jacuzzi to ensure a safe environment and to avoid/prevent injuries, provide emergency assistance as required, and strictly enforce pool regulations
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Pool Department.
- Provides positive service standards including courtesy, sincerity, and enthusiasm to all guests of the Hotel.
- Performs lifeguard duties including but not limited to performing CPR, and basic first aid in non-emergencies.
- Monitors and maintains a clean and safe pool area, including enforcing all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and neat lifeguard station.
- Attends all staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled by the Pool Supervisor.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Pool Manager, Pool Supervisor or Lead Pool Attendants.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma
Six (6) months previous work experience or equivalent combination of education, training
Previous experience in pool services
Previous experience in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be able to obtain Lifeguard Certification, CPR
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests and management.
- Good attendance, a "positive" attitude, team player skills are a must.
- Constantly standing, walking several hundred feet, balancing, eye/hand coordination.
- Frequently climbing, running, twisting, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/stooping, sitting, reaching, and throwing.
- Frequently lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs., pushing, pulling.
- Frequently hearing, speaking, listening to communicate with guests and employees.
- Occasionally kneeling.
- Constantly remembering/paying attention to/observing details, making decisions, following directions.
Duties performed outdoors in changing temperatures and weather conditions. Noise level is moderate. Must be able to work alone and with others. Hazards may include cleaning chemicals and obstacles in pathways and odors.
Regular scheduled hours. Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.