If you are an Inventory Control professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Houston, Texas Facility and reporting the Sr. Lead -Inventory Control, you will be responsible for providing support to the materials team in analytical/clerical responsibilities. Daily contact will be with materials buyers and planners, expediter, master scheduler, quality control, management staff, carriers and corporate personnel.
AS THE INVENTORY CONTROL ANALYST , YOU WILL:
- Manages daily cycle count report distribution, data entry (as needed) and maintains cycle count records
- Reconciles inventory adjustments as needed
- Provides root cause analysis for cycle count adjustments for weekly reporting
- Analyzes and distributes daily/weekly reports to ensure inventory accuracy
- Assists other departments with inventory analysis/root cause investigations
- Conducts random audits on inventory transactions
- Create requisitions for specific expense items
- Investigate inventory inaccuracies and WIP transactions for validity
- Maintains shipping and receiving documents per the Emerson record retention policy
- Identify slow moving inventory for E&O reserve
- Audits locations by zone
- Assists with LEAN initiatives (kanban, process improvement)
WHO YOU ARE:
You identify the impacts or consequences of situations and escalate to the appropriate channels. You bring a solution to the problem. You uncover root causes to difficult problems. You seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering. You make decisions and take actions without the total picture. You deal constructively with problems that may not have clear solutions or outcomes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Or, 3 years relevant work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel: creating formulas, pivot tables and lookups
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written (English)
- Follow written and/or oral instructions in English
- Previous experience with an operating system such as Oracle, SAP, AS400, JDEdwards, etc
- Experience with inventory investigations/root cause analysis
- Able to lift parts weighing in excess of 50 pounds (assistance when needed) and to work in bending, squatting and standing positions (includes working off ladders) for long periods of time (in excess of one hour)
- Pass forklift certifications and requirements to operate forklifts
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Business Process Improvement