Phillips & Jordan, Inc. (P&J), a Phillips Infrastructure Holdings, Inc. company, is a certified woman-owned, heavy civil and power infrastructure contractor established in 1952. We build, maintain, and modernize resilient critical infrastructure, applying our decades of industry experience to today's construction challenges. This work spans three primary markets, Heavy Civil Construction (Power Generation, Water Resources, Mining, and Industrial & Commercial), Power (ROW Services, Foundations, Vegetation Management, and Pipeline Services), and Disaster Response, and our Core Values and Priorities--Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production--guide our daily business practices. P&J is a People First company, and we hold safety above all other initiatives. We believe in a holistic approach to protecting our team, the environment, and communities. We carry this commitment with us as we strive to employ the best team members and lead infrastructure development through innovation and flawless execution.
As one of ENR's top 400 contractors, P&J has regional offices strategically located across the country, and we have two full-service equipment shops to maintain our fleet of 750 heavy and specialized pieces of equipment. Working for P&J means benefitting from experienced personnel to guide your professional development journey, innovative approaches and technology to a family-oriented company that doesn't just take care of you but your family as well. We have built a reputation for taking on some of the most challenging and complex projects and successfully completing them on, or even ahead of, schedule.
At P&J, we believe that it's more than a job; it's a way of life.
Join the P&J team today and become a valued member of our company.
This position is responsible for operating Excavators/Trackhoes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Learn and follow safety regulations
* Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects
* Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work
* Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met
* Adjust hand wheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms
* Start engines; move throttles, switches, or levers; or depress pedals to operate machines, such as bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, or backhoes
* Coordinate machine actions with other activities, position or move loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members
* Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders, or related equipment
* Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability
* Drive and maneuver equipment with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain
* Follow safety regulations
* Follow instructions and meet set standards
* Judge distances and slopes accurately
* Make decisions based on verifiable standards
* Must be able to stoop, bend, and crouch and use hands, arms, and legs fully
* Must have good vision and hearing (either naturally or with correction)
* Frequently lift up to 80 pounds, and the ability to carry objects weighing 50 pounds or less
* Work dusty or dirty surroundings
* Pass construction equipment operator qualification testing/observation
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma preferred
* Two-three years verifiable and relevant experience
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
- Law Enforcement
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Safety Principles