WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at URL blocked - click to apply.
Planner - Mebane, NC
7411 Oakwood St Extension, PO Box 408
Mebane, North Carolina, 27302,United States
The Planner position has primary responsibility for planning production orders and purchasing specific materials & services required for scheduled production orders. In addition, the position may have planning & buying responsibility for subcontracted special packaging and semi-finished good components or services for order fulfillment. This role serves as a liaison between Customer Service and Manufacturing and is accountable for ensuring production specifications & job bags are complete and accurate prior to hand off to manufacturing. The Planner/Buyer will work with Global Sourcing and the Local Purchasing team to identify supplier requirements; executes against supplier contracts and provides feedback on supplier performance
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WestRock
- Acts as liaison between Customer Service and Manufacturing ensuring that customer requirements are complete and accurately translated into appropriate manufacturing and/or special packaging requirements and specifications. Communicate initial have ready dates and keep CSR informed of any changes.
- Accountable for compiling accurate and complete Job Specifications.
- Accountable for planning production routing as an input into scheduling and adjusting job bag/job ticket as required if primary routing cannot be met. Works closely with Master Scheduler to communicate upcoming changes, rush orders, delays in components/raw materials that may impact the scheduling horizon.
- Coordinate scheduling and capacity planning activities with supply base for finished goods, semi-finished goods and outwork services. Communicate with suppliers to review scheduling issues and maintain inventory of materials and components as needed.
- Issue outsource purchase orders for finished goods, semi-finished goods, raw materials and components in accordance with policy. Monitor supplier performance vs. committed have ready dates, communicate updated delivery dates to Customer Service/Sales/ Scheduler. Maintain procurement business system data input and integrity.
- Aggregate customer demand inputs from Sales, Customer Service and S&OP and evaluate against supply base capacity. Develops supply plan for outsourced products.
- Work with procurement to qualify and on-board supply base for outsourced finished goods, semi-finished goods and services as needed for revised pricing, new items or new specifications. May recommend cost savings proposals, including make versus buy or alternative sourcing.
- Complete, timely and accurate Factory Order submissions to Manufacturing.
- Optimized delivery dates/costs for subcontracted work with effective execution.
- For assigned items, accurate, current product specifications documented and input into Radius in a timely manner, all new items created within 48 hours of receipt of information.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Ability to multi-task and produce highly detailed, quality work with very low error rate
- Ability to work in a demanding, time pressured environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to resolve problems without close supervision
- Ability to resolve conflict and reach a negotiated compromise in planning situations
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change. Demonstrated ability to bring order to chaotic situations
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Good analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of MRP, ERP and VMI principles
- Knowledge of scheduling, planning or production operations
- Must be proficient with MS Excel.
Packaging And Labeling