The Delaware Valley Job Corps Center is currently seeking a candidate for a HR Manager. The ideal candidate would bring energy and enthusiasm to the overall Center, as well as a desire to be a part of educating and empowering today's youth.
Provides management and supervision of the Center’s Human Resource function. Analyzes human resources policies and procedures and uses proper judgment and discretion to resolve issues and problems. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school required.
- A minimum of three years’ human resources management experience required.
- Human Resources Certification preferred.
- Department of Labor approval required.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student/staff data.
- Administers the Center’s Human Resources activity, including recruiting, screening, interviewing, hiring, discipline, and terminations.
- Maintains a vacancy and turnover rate at or below the Center standard.
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner.
- Oversees the Center staff training activities, which includes developing, coordinating and administering the Center Staff Training Plan.
- Monitors the Center HR and employment practices to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensures the implementation of Equal Employment Opportunity activities, writes and implements the Center Veteran and Affirmative Action Plans annually with a focus on attaining goals, investigates and resolves and/or refers EEP inquiries or claims.
- Oversees the collection and maintenance of personnel data for HRIS and reporting purposes.
- Ensures a nondiscriminatory work environment and equal treatment of all Center staff.
- Investigates and resolves staff issues and complaints in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Administers the Center fringe benefit programs (e.g. health insurance, retirement plan, 401k program, etc.) as appropriate.
- Administers the staff evaluation process. Ensures early or on-time completion of staff evaluations resulting in zero late evaluations, processes merit increases if needed.
- Conducts periodic internal HR compliance audits.
- Assists Center staff in understanding and resolving employee relations and benefit matters.
- Functions as the student EEO Officer and oversees the staff EEO Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday – Friday: 8am-5pm
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- HSA/FSA options available
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service
- Paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance, and Identity Theft
Adams and Associates, Inc. is a 100% employee owned company subcontracted to run Job Corps Centers under the guidance of the DOL.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)