Description Job Description:
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Cybersecurity Project Manager, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is part of the HFS cyber security team, and is responsible for technical planning, design maintainance, and improvement of the security posture for the information systems that support the development and fielding of a variety of US Naval training systems. Candidate will perform at least the following tasks:
• Maintain up-to-date awareness of current and future trends, threats and vulnerabilities to existing and new technologies. Candidate should be current on all areas of Cybersecurity.
• Set direction and establish plans for team's cybersecurity resources and operations. Manage the day-to-day operations of the cybersecurity team.
• Supervise the team in meeting team goals and objectives.
• Be responsible for the the overall success of the team's cybersecurity program.
• Provide technical management and coordination between Leidos teams, third party teams, and customer representatives.
• Develop creative solutions to complex technical issues and problems.
• Have solid knowledge of DoD IT security requirements, including: DSS/NISPOM Compliance, DoD/Navy Policy Compliance, defense-in-depth strategies, and network-based/host-based vulnerability assessment.
• Be responsible for developing and maintaining policies, and procedures, providing direct end-user support as needed, and providing subject-matter expert assistance to other related projects as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree. Candidate must be 8570.1M / 8140 compliant with certifications of Security+, SSCP, or CISSP as well as Network+, or CCNA (or better).
• Must have 8+ years of work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must have 4+ years of experience in cybersecurity operations, network engineering, or Linux system administration.
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills
• Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player; be able to work in a fast paced environment; adapt to changes tasking; and be able to work with minimal supervision
• Must be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
• Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance
• Experience with LinuxExternal Referral Bonus:
• Experience with Atlassian Products
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cybersecurity Project Manager.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cybersecurity Project Manager.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cybersecurity Project Manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Systems Security Certified Practitioner