To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
400 1st South Suite 300
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Cetera Financial Group, Inc. • St. Cloud, MN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cetera Financial Group is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to help oversee our corporate accounting department. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, budgeting, developing and ensuring internal accounting controls, and building a strong financial team. The successful candidate for this position will report to the VP – Corporate Accounting and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a streamlined contingency back up plan in place for every critical operation
- Create new internal accounting corporate policies and maintain existing policies
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
- Implement and monitor the month, quarter and year-end closeout accounting schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experience with financial reporting and general ledger applications
- 5+ years of experience applying Advanced/Expert knowledge of Excel
- 7+ years of experience in Accounting
- Exceptional leadership abilities
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Experience managing Fixed Assets, Payroll and T&E Expense processes
- Prior financial services industry experience
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Highly motivated and driven, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to keep meticulous records, maintain accuracy, and not lose sight of important details
- Willing to work overtime to meet critical deadlines
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years.
Cetera Financial Group® ('Cetera') is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions.
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology.
'Cetera Financial Group' refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks, Cetera Financial Institutions, Cetera Financial Specialists, First Allied Securities, Girard Securities, and Summit Brokerage Services.
Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law.
Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by Cetera’s Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.