We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The Sourcing Analyst will support the execution of sourcing projects (eSourcing events) and tactical opportunities to help ensure realization of ATD’s cost savings objectives. The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing spend data, collecting business requirements from internal stakeholders, executing eSourcing events, and the administration of indirect spend related contracts. This position is primarily project and task driven with Manager level supervision as required.
- Manage all aspects of ATD’s sourcing processes including tactical/spot opportunities, strategic eRFx’s, eAuctions, etc. as assigned.
- Manage Request for Proposal or Information (RFP, RFI, RFx, eAuctions, etc.) processes related to moderate risk spend categories.
- Analyze information supplied by Subject Matter Expert (SME) or other internal stakeholders, and translate into detailed requirements and competitive bid specifications.
- Conduct post event analyses, including price/cost analysis, service level analysis, and other category specific analytics as required.
- Provide status updates, at key event milestones, to ensure stakeholders are well informed.
- Coordinate SME’s participation in the event scoring process and facilitate consensus scoring session to help finalize supplier selection.
- Facilitate post-event meetings with supplier finalists from RFx events as required.
- Coordinate formal supplier award and regrets communications to event participants.
- Collaborate with legal counsel to ensure mutually agreed terms and conditions are incorporated into final contract and executed by appropriate ATD signatory.
- Ensure adequate contract compliance measures are incorporated into transacting model through close coordination with P2P Manager.
- Acquire knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of strategic sourcing by reading professional literature, attending related seminars and conferences, and attaining ISM certification(s).
- Work on special projects as requested by management; supports all levels of department management and may participate on specific workgroups as requested.
Key Partners (Positions):
- SVPO / DRDO / DO / DL
- CFO / CIO / Controller
- EVP Legal / EVP Procurement
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline
Experience: Two years of building and managing eSourcing events (both static and dynamic); Two years of experience negotiating and managing competitive sourcing projects.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Know the organization’s vision, mission and culture
- Operate effectively within the different realms of the organization to promote benefit to the organization and the people that work there
- Maintain confidentiality
- Readily admit errors
- Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results
- Use common sense and good judgment
- Show self-awareness into his/her own motivations and those of others
- Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with ATD “Code of Conduct”
- Problem Solving & Analytical Thinking
- Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Define problems clearly
- Use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives
- Resolve problems
- Make sound, well informed and objective decisions
- Anticipate the impact of decisions
- Commitment of self and dedication of self in the face of uncertainty and adversity
- Identify common goals and objectives to facilitate win-win
- Pursue mutually beneficial and cooperative activities
- Develop networks and build alliances
- Engage in cross functional activities
- Open to change and new information
- Adapt behavior and method to changing conditions
- Champion new ideas in the face of opposition
- Set well defined and realistic personal goals
- Display initiative and commitment to meet goals
- Work with minimal need for supervision
- Accurately assess the needs of clients, customers and partners
- Possess knowledge and commitment to providing quality products and services
- Balance the requirement of change and continuity
- Continually improve products and services while working within the basic organizational framework
- Maintain focus, intensity and persistency in the face of competing interests and demands
- Master new and technical business knowledge
- Recognize own strengths and weaknesses
- Seek feedback from others and pursue self-development
- Deal calmly and effectively in the face of high demands
- Balance job and personal pressures
- Maintain a high level of productivity under pressure
- Encourage cooperation, trust, pride and team identity
- Work collaboratively with other functional teams to coordinate effective solutions
- Share information and foster the exchange of ideas
- Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 10+% of the time, including travel throughout Canada and to the US.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R09858
Hardworking And Dedicated
Practical And Pragmatic