One of our leading clients is looking for a Cartographer out in Vallejo, California!
Submissions close soon! Below are the job details.
If interested, or if you'd like to learn more, please email me your resume at: Email blocked - click to apply
Working to design and produce cartographic printed products. Work on this project primarily requires knowledge of and extensive demonstrated skill in the use of Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Creative Cloud CC, Indesign CC, and Adobe Photoshop. Supporting skills and experience needed include ESRI GIS products such as ArcGIS, Arc SDE, Access (Microsoft) databases.
Job involves knowledge of large format print projects, and pre-press printing processes, and 5-color lithographic printing. GIS skills involve exporting data, data manipulation with ArcGIS, extensions, standard toolboxes. Duties are approximately 90% cartography tasks using Adobe Illustrator CC and Adobe Creative Cloud and 10% GIS tasks for data extraction from corporate data bases.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, development, and production of high quality printed maps.
- Utilizes map files to create maps, brochures, pamphlets, reports, PowerPoint slides, and other published documents in print or digital formats.
- Supports the creation and maintenance of cartographic products for display using smart phones and tablet devices.
- As necessary, writes printer specifications for proper color application for map printing
- Applies cartographic styles to maps
- Prepares maps for large format print publication.
- Stays current on best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Controlled Image Base