To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Auburn Hills, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Applications Architect Engineer
Altair • Auburn Hills, MI
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Responsible for developing the requirements and design for connected services as applications working with the various internal/external suppliers/groups to get their specifications
- Pulls the teams together to ensure the development and approval of the definition, requirement and design gates of new products and procedures to ensure all projects are delivered on time with a high level of quality.
- Definition gate document include:
- Customer Experience (CX) document
- Feature/Service Pattern Map
- Vehicle Integration (VI) Customer Functional Objectives (CFO)
- Project Tailoring Document
- Baselined Project Plan
- Review, approve or modify definition, requirements and design gate artifacts.
- Owns all Change Requests and failure fixes that result in design changes
- Coordinate activates of group with other departments or organizations.
- Communicating project status to management.
Requirements/Design Gate documents include
- System Functional Spec. (SFS) (includes copy/templates)
- HMI - Logic & Flow
- Component Functional Technical Spec. (CFTS)
- Vehicle Functions (VF)
- CAN DBC files
- Head Unit API Spec.
- App Functional Specification (AFS)
- BRD - Business Requirements Doc. (ICT)
- 'Uconnect Style Guide (brand book)'
- 'Mopar Style Guide (web)'
- Security Spec
- Architecture Matrix
- System Requirements Spec. (SRS)
- Protocol Spec.
- Application Requirement & Specification (ARS)
- User Stories (to replace the RS as part of agile methodology)
- Initial Test Cases
- Change requests to update these documents.
- BSEE, BSCS or Information technology degree or equivalent.
- 5 Years of Automotive Electrical and/or Connectivity experience including:
- 2 years in automotive electrical development and design.
- 2 years in telematics connectivity development and design writing requirements and designs for connected services.
- Requires strong leadership, management and technical skills to manage the external/internal suppliers/groups.
Technical skills include:
- Vehicle and Connectivity architectural skills
- Ability to review design and ensure they meeting best practices
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and tasks
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
- Java, Android or other Architecture knowledge to advise future direction
- Master of Science in Electrical, computer, information technology or equivalent.
- AOTA experience
Travel and Driving Notes:
- Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%