Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day
The overall purpose of the Behavioral Health Care Advocate is to coordinate care with members in order improve the member’s ability to remain stable in the community and out of the hospital. This coordination includes intensive coordination, discharge coordination, and care coordination for members. The Behavioral Health Care Advocate role is to engage the person in the treatment process and then assist his/her to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization. This position focuses on members with high needs, high utilization, and in need of complex Behavioral Health Care Coordination and works closely with members, providers, State stakeholders, Utilization Management, and Peer Support.
The Behavioral Health Care Advocate position is also designed to be a direct clinical liaison between providers and the health plan and works in conjunction with the Quality and Network team to assist providers with technical support, including education in clinical managed care and education in clinical best practices.
If you are located in Florida, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performing care management activities to ensure that patients move through the continuum of care efficiently and safely
- Assessing and interpreting customer needs and requirements
- Reviews cases and analyzes clinical information in conjunction with Medical Directors to determine the appropriateness of hospitalization
- Performing Clinician to Physician interaction to acquire additional clinical information or discuss alternatives to current treatment plans
- Escalates cases to the Medical Director for case discussion or peer-to-peer intervention as appropriate
- Performs anticipatory discharge planning in accordance with the patient's benefits and available alternative resources
- Collaborates with Medical peers on consideration of discharge planning needs
- Refers patients to disease management or case management programs
- Assists with the development of treatment plans
- Documents activities according to established standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed master's degree-level clinician in psychology, social work, counseling or marriage or family counseling OR a licensed Ph.D. level psychologist, OR an RN with behavioral health experience
- License must be active and unrestricted to practice at the independent level
- 2+ years of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to accommodate up to 50% field-based travel within Florida region
- Dedicated workspace and access to high speed internet via cable/DSL in your home
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordinating benefits and utilizing multiple groups and resources for patients
- Knowledge of Level of Care Guidelines (i.e., Milliman, InterQual, etc.)
- Experience working with the Medicaid (TennCare) patient population
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: case manager, care coordinator, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, behavioral health, managed care, substance abuse, inpatient, LP, LCSW, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, RN, registered nurse, Orlando, Tampa, FL telecommute, telecommuter, work from home