The purpose of this position is to ensure our customers have a great take-out experience at HARU.
Specific Job Duties:
- Make sure the Packer station is clean, organized and neat
- Make sure to prepare Ginger, Wasabi and all sauces before open and during slow time.
- Make sure to refill all take out containers and supplies before peak time
- Make sure to pack deliver and take out order accurate. Hot food in one bag, cold food in another
- Any orders that get delayed must be reported to the Manager ASAP
- Make sure to communicate with cashier on order status.
- Other duties as assigned
- Follows all federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations outlined in the Employee Handbook
Food Safety and Planning:
- Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and service
- Ensures the receipt of all orders to verify correct quantities and pricing
Experience and Education:
- Previous Packer experience is preferred
- Must be positive and energetic
- Must show strong team work helping others as much as possible
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to speak and understand basic English
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a POS system
- A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel)
- Must possess a valid driver's license where applicable
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability to monitor and anticipate guests' needs and respond accordingly in an effort to maintain a positive and enjoyable dining experience.
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Must be able to interpret nonverbal cues in an effort to identify and correct potential problems. Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Interpersonal Relationships: Ability to adapt and interact with a diverse group of people. Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times. Must be able to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member's role in the guest dining experience.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc.) containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Repetitive hand and wrist motion may be required. Working with hot, cold and hazardous equipment as well as operate phones, computers and other office equipment.
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is required. Must be able to clearly explain how food is prepared, cooked, and served to guests. Knowledge of hibachi and beverages is a plus.
Problem Solving and Conflict Management: Must exercise sound judgment and possess good problem solving skills. Must have the ability to recognize and resolve problems in an appropriate manner.
Leadership: Must possess self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing, pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance. Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards. Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems. Ability to recognize, maintain and understand the need for confidentiality and handling confidential company information.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Complex Problem Solving