What this job involves
As part of the JLL Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for repairs and investigations to a multitude of mechanical equipment.
With Site specific training this role will perform the following typical duties:
- Be responsible for day to day maintenance and troubleshooting activities, ensuring proper operation of Building Systems.
- Provide hands on repairs to systems following the CMMS Work Order process.
- Support continuous improvement under supervision of the Chief Engineer.
- Support 24x7 operation of the manufacturing building. As business need dictates, possible shift work, after-hours and holiday work will be required.
- Routine interaction with JLL Team members, as well as Client staff.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or state equivalent is required.
• Two years of related trade schooling or equivalent is preferred.
• Minimum five years’ experience working with mechanical systems.
• Section 608 EPA Universal Refrigeration License.
• Experience working with Building Automation System platforms is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Strong HVAC and Mechanical background is required.
• Detailed knowledge of Commercial Air Handling and Air Distribution Systems and their components is required.
• Detailed knowledge of typical HVAC and Refrigeration Systems, such as Cold Room Storage, Chilled Water, Steam/Hot Water, and Compressed Air is required.
• Familiarity with typical plant systems such as Vacuum, Bulk Gas, Waste Neutralization, and Power Generation, Cold Room Storage, Plumbing Systems including Sump & Sewage Ejector Pumps is preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in the area of field instrumentation such as temperature, pressure, and flow devices.
• Ability to diagnose the root cause of problems, repair as needed, and return systems back to efficient operation
• Position requires knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and in alignment with Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs).
• Follow Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) and all company and client safety policies and procedures.
• Access and execute work within ISO (International Standards Organization) clean room manufacturing environments in required gowning apparel.
• Must be capable of working in the field and performing troubleshooting activities on I/O devices.
• Must have expertise with, and be able to describe the use of test equipment such as Digital Volt Meters.
• Must have the ability to use computers and related technology efficiently.
• Proficient with Word and Excel a plus.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to work alone, as well as with multiple teams consisting of operational staff, client managers, vendors, and contractors via on site presence, telephone, and email.
• Must have the ability to learn about the various major components of building systems in use, and be able to replace parts as needed.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.