To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
- Ethan Rhodes
- Phone: 864-412-3349
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Office/Billing Liaison
The Newell Group • Boston, MA
Posted 2 months ago
Depending on the operational requirements and size of the Patient Care Center (PCC), this position may include some or all of the functions listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
- Obtain accurate insurance information, verification and pre-authorization.
- Process all billing daily, ensuring that claims are accurate, timely and fully documented.
- Provide counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and obtain credit agreements for outstanding balances.
- Apply payments and adjustments to patient accounts.
- Maintain accurate and complete patient files, ensuring that they are in compliance with company Compliance Policies.
- Ensure the privacy and security of protected health information per HIPAA requirements.
- Assist with quality assurance to ensure patients satisfaction with services as necessary.
- Comply with the system of internal controls to ensure proper handling of cash receipts, including electronic medical record system.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail appropriately and in a timely manner.
- May compile weekly documentation packets per guidelines for approval.
- Coordinate scheduling of practitioner schedules to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
- Review clinician documentation to ensure that patients’ charts are complete.
- Receive shipped items into office.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Travel to other company locations as needed
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
- Ability to key 40 words per minute with accuracy preferred.
- Ability to work with handicapped individuals.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology and a complete understanding of general office duties.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows based office technologies and automated billing systems.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, scanner etc.
- Knowledge of state, federal and regional collection and reimbursement laws where applicable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and maintain current auto insurance coverage.
Education / Training / Experience / Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Associate degree preferred.
- Knowledge of MS office suite: Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook and Internet.