You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Employees in this position will work as an extension of medical practices by making appointments, addressing general inquiries, and making referrals.
The ideal candidate for this role is one who enjoys continually adapting to a fast-paced, team-oriented, and goal driven work environment. You must be a strong communicator, respectful and professional in your consumer-facing demeanor, and be an attentive listener in order to resolve consumer issues effectively and efficiently. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential in order to successfully communicate with a diverse consumer population and team. You will be required to handle multiple tasks while demonstrating independent thinking and problem-solving skills.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Sunday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 8:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer inbound calls from patients and providers regarding appointments and general inquiries
- Refer calls to nurse triage team according to protocols
- Track appointments and document information completely, timely, and accurately
- Make outbound calls to remind patients of appointments or to coordinate resolution of care opportunities with patients, providers, and pharmacies.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs
- Escalate transactions when defined by protocols.
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy in all interactions.
- Demonstrate effective communication through proper tone, pace, volume, grammar, and pronunciation.
- Demonstrate courtesy in each interaction
- Control the interaction to ensure each of the consumer’s inquiry is handled completely and efficiently.
- Meets key performance goals established including quality and attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of telephonic customer service experience or in-person customer service experience, handling moderate to complex transactions
- 1+ years of healthcare experience, including familiarity with medical terminology
- Basic computer experience using a keyboard and mouse and moving between screens
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel (create, edit and save spreadsheets)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and/or medical office
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems and practice management systems
- Dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas that provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Residing in a location that can receive a high-speed internet connection (additional information on UnitedHealth Group approved internet providers and restrictions will be provided)
- Demonstrated ability to identify with a consumer in order to understand and align with their needs and realities
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective active listening skills to empathize with the customer in order to develop a trust and respect
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and internally driven to accomplish goals and recognize what needs to be done in order to achieve a goal(s)
- Demonstrated ability to turn situations around and go above and beyond to meet the needs of the customer
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Care Coordinator - Remote
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, Patient Care Coordinator; Patient Services Representative, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO