- Demonstrate awareness and knowledge of Federal Government's financial management responsibilities
- Assist in drafting and preparing project deliverables
- Performing risk assessments in accordance with OMB Circular A-123
- Managing control program and the implementation of new federal guidance into existing federal programs.
- Identifying the conditions and issues preventing Agency from maintaining generating financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Proposing new or revised accounting policies and procedures as well as implementation strategies to address audit findings
- Designing corrective action plans to address the root causes of audit findings
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of a strategy to overcome material weaknesses
- Recommending new business processes or controls needed to achieve financial statement assertions
- Six (6)or more years of Federal experience with at least two (2) years of Internal Controls experience
- Bachelor's of Science or Arts Degree in Accounting or Management
- Understanding of and experience conducting internal control assessments and testing in accordance with OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A requirements
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and basic/core functions
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience and demonstrated ability to participate in client-facing discussions and meetings
- Ability to obtain and maintain DHS suitability clearance.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Active Secret clearance preferred
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call
or email [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Internal Controls Manager
. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)