LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
LyondellBasell's Global Procurement function facilitates supply solutions globally for the company. We manage supplier relationships to provide value to our stakeholders in the acquisition of materials, services and integrated business solutions.
This position will be located at both La Port and Bay Port, TX splitting time 50-50% between both locations and require regular travel to Channel View and other North America locations that have Turn Around activity. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervises and develops Turnaround (TA) Buyers on the procurement staff located at multiple sites across the U.S.
- Serves as a Turnaround (TA) Global Leadership focal point as well as sites TA management focal point with Manufacturing for North America region
- Works in accordance with Global TA excellence model
- Collaborates with peers in other regions of U.S. to drive continuous improvement and alignment
- Supports development and implementation of sourcing strategies for TA-specific, site-specific and regional technical services and materials spend
- Drives purchase-to-pay process performance improvements
- Contributes to the development and implementation of purchase-to-pay and strategic sourcing processes, procedures, and systems.
- Acts as a true business partner for TA Global leadership, sites leadership teams and provides comprehensive procurement solutions to all stakeholders
- Collaborates with Centralized Sourcing Category team and reinforce one team mind set when implementing Sourcing strategy
- Maximizing Managed spend and ensures that spend not covered by strategy is well managed, via market analysis, RFP/RFQ, supplier negotiation and other activity
- Ensures all operational procurement KPIs are under control
- Contributes to the development and implementation of purchase-to-pay and strategic sourcing processes, procedures, and systems in full compliance with internal control requirements.
- Using the latest technology in day to day work and opened up to new ideas like digitization
- Consistently works towards bringing procurement team as a whole into best run Procurement Organization
- Understands GoalZero principals, educates the team and implement those principals in everyday life
- Manages and develops team to become "best in class" to provide timely acquisition of technical services and materials related to all TA preparation and actual implementation of TA at lowest total cost of ownership within specified time frame
- Coaches, develops, and motivates employees through formal and informal processes including dialogs, skill gap analysis, training and coaching
- Supervises and develops Buyers within the procurement team to meet efficiency and KPI targets.
- Implement and maintain metrics that clearly indicate the performance level of departmental and supplier effectiveness.
- Accountable for contracts in area of responsibility including sourcing plans, strategy implementation, change management
- Maintains focus on value added activities and able to identify and implement alternative, innovative, and creative solutions to drive lowest total cost of ownership. Capable of balancing cost saving opportunity with risk mitigation
- Develops strong working relationship with Category team; approaches the sourcing strategy methodology according to guidelines; conducts necessary project management activity for local site projects.
- Accountable for TA contracts, sourcing plans, strategy/contract implementation and associated metrics for TA spend not covered by strategy.
- Acts as Procurement focal point for TA leadership team and one stop shop for all TA related issues
- Accountable for meeting Global TA Excellence Model milestones from T-36 to T-15 for TAs across multiple sites, including, but not limited to major contractor strategy endorsement, and development of TA procurement matrices.
- Provides oversight of completion of Archer milestones in association with the Global TA Excellence Model for TAs across multiple sites.
- Attends TA-specific meetings at multiple sites, including, but not limited to TA Management Team meetings, and TA Boardwalks.
- Bachelor's degree required (or recognized equivalent). Master's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent).
- Extensive Turnaround experience, including managerial.
- 10+ years related experience required with a degree (12+ years in lieu of a degree);
- 3+ years of chemical or oil & gas experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is required.
- 10+ years of experience in Technical or Business-related positions.
- At the site and regional level, possesses and advanced knowledge of the company products and processes at local sites relating to production, maintenance, materials management, and purchasing.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to apply the concepts of general business systems, personnel management, team dynamics, purchasing management, concepts of strategic planning and sourcing, performance measurements, and management through systems at local teams and sites.
- At the site and regional level, possesses an advanced understanding of markets and business practices at site level.
- Strong leadership skills
- Managerial experience
- Business acumen
- Extensive Turn Around experience
- Drive for results and strives for excellence
- Impact and influence
- Strategic thinking
- Advanced Excel skills
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston