To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Health P&L Lead
Octo Consulting Group • Reston, VA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Octo has an opening for a Federal Health P&L Lead (Business Unit Lead) to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead growth and development of new business opportunities within the Company’s current Federal Health Portfolio (NIH, CMS, AHRQ, SAMHSA, DHA, FDA, HHS HQ), including but not limited to:
- Develop and manage relationships with customers and partners to identify and capture new programs
- Support solution development to include creating and/or reviewing content, level of effort and schedule
- Outline and execute win strategy for Federal Health pursuits
- Opportunity ownership from deal identification through the hand off to Capture Management by developing gate review content and advising the executive team on opportunity pursuit rationale and win strategy
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams during the opportunity life-cycle phase
- Articulating the customer perspective from opportunity introduction through contract delivery
- Stand up new program upon contract award and manage resulting action items and execution of activities to successfully stand up the new program within ten days of contract award. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create staffing approach, organization chart, resource requests for new hires
- Create high-level work schedule and financial forecast
- Own and manage action items conduct program launch and initiating and planning activities
- Brief executive team on progress, updates, status, and next steps
- Support Business Development functions, including but not limited to:
- Annual account plan formation with quarterly updates
- Understanding competitive and collaborative landscapes
- Identify new technologies and collaborate with Octo’s CTO to deliver innovative solutions to Federal Health customers
- Support the successful execution of all projects across the Health and Human Services (HHS), and / or Defense Health Agency (DHA) portfolio to meet performance, schedule, and financial goals
- Mentor project team members and identify career development opportunities for staff; provide clear direction and regularly communicate expectations and feedback to team and individuals
- Responsibility for team organization, staffing approach, program schedule, budget, deliverable content and quality, as well as overall performance and success of program
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, stakeholders, and teaming partners; proactively monitor project performance, stakeholder priorities, and manage program focus, direction and team activities accordingly
- Quickly learn and understand contract, as well as program goals and outcomes; decompose program objectives into actionable work packages and activities, and manage resources accordingly and within schedule constraints
- Ability to oversee multiple programs and/or projects within the Health Operations Division providing direct managing oversight of Project Managers and/or Project Leads, which includes monitoring staffing levels, examining deliverable submissions, and scrutinizing P&L for all programs and projects within purview.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple, concurrent activities with short turn-around times with multiple internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Highly analytical; proven problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Math, Engineering, Business, or related field; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Must have 10+ years of Industry/Government experience related to managing T&M, FFP, CPFF, FPP/LOE and/or IDIQ task order and contracts with the Federal Government
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of management experience with proven leadership skills
- Minimum 10 years of supporting HHS and / or DHA
- Candidates must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation in order to be granted access to sensitive information
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex questions and issues
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills