To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO 80202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
southwest generation operating company • Denver, CO
Posted 2 months ago
SWG is looking for a Financial Analyst that has a strong desire to learn and grow within their career. As the Financial Analyst, you will be accountable for budgeting and forecasting of our existing businesses. To ensure the success, the person in this position will actively participate in the development of the operating budgets for each of the individual power plants and understand how the corporate model works so we can analyze the long term impact of an acquisition, divesture, development or finance. This position reports to the Finance Manager and will sit in our Denver corporate office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of the companys annual operating and capital budgets for each of our operating facilities and the corporate headquarters.
- Prepare analysis to support and update the companys long-term business model.
- Prepare and analyze operating performance and budget variance analysis.
- Help design and produce reports, analytic models and key leading financial and performance indicators to support the business.
- Support debt compliance for company financings.
- Support the preparation of presentations for the Board of Directors.
- Provide information and analysis to the business to support and drive strategic decisions.
- Accountable for accurate, timely operational reporting to Finance Manager on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure that real-time business decisions can be made.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand financing concepts, GAAP and corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to build and update complex Excel models.
- Ability to professionally handle highly confidential information and sensitive information.
- Highly motivated, independent learner with the desire to add value.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity in all dealings with or on behalf of SWG at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work cross functionally and with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Excel, Power Point, Word, and various other programs.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics or engineering
- 2-5 years of experience working in finance, consulting, accounting and/or tax
- Experience in creation and modification of sophisticated Excel spreadsheets
- Relevant experience in the power industry, banking and/or consulting a plus
- The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and filing cabinets.
- 5% (or less) travel is expected for this position.
Must be able to accomplish physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
Southwest Generation is an Affirmative Action Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.