Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Technical Program Manager, R&D. In this role you will direct, manage and coordinate Program Development projects through cross-functional teams for game-changing technology. The R&D Technical Program Manager will assist in coordinating company wide activity in support of a new product launch or launches or upgrades to existing products, working under the supervision of Senior Program Management personnel. Document and maintain archives for all product related development activities such as plans, schedules, meeting minutes, Management Reviews, and departmental reviews. Prepare product development status reports and present to Abbott Diabetes Care Management.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for development and execution of detailed project plans to achieve overall program goals.
- Lead, coordinate and/or participate on cross-functional team activities from Concept Phase through Product Launch Phase.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting program development requirements, meeting program cost goals, quality objectives and time-to-market objectives.
- Analyze complex problems including those related to project risks; identify their impact; establish probabilities.
- Responsible for completing documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with business and quality standards.
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Engineering, science or a closely related discipline is desired) or equivalent technical experience and demonstrated competence; additional post graduate education may contribute toward the desired years of experience;
- Typically requires 6-8 years of experience in complex, technical program / project management to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
- Skilled in project planning and management
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated good judgment; -
- Working knowledge of new product development methodologies;
- Ability to be creative in achieving objectives while assuring compliance to internal and external requirements; -
- Ability to utilize commonly accepted project management tools to assist in the development of and adherence to a schedule;
- Ability or aptitude to work on problems that are complex in scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors;
- Ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
- Ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross functionally;
- Ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software
- Ability to prioritize.
- Medical device experience preferred.
- Project management experience with sensor, software and or hardware product development desired.
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to R&D Technical Program Manager
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to R&D Technical Program Manager, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to R&D Technical Program Manager and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Program Management